Florida Golf Simulators

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Off to Florida next week. We had planned on playing a round but decided against it due to heat, humidity and regular afternoon thunderstorms. As an alternative, during the afternoon thunderstorms, I thought it might be nice to go on a simulator for fun. I thought about going to Edwin Watts Outlet as they have a simulator but I contacted them and that is more for trying out clubs, not to hire for an hour or so. Has anyone been over there and used one? Any suggestions?

As a guide, we are not far from the Champions Gate area, south of the parks. The area is Davenport but obviously we have a car and can drive.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One of my biggest regrets when going to Florida was not trying out one of the courses. Just get out early and beat the heat, you could do a sim at home.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
One of my biggest regrets when going to Florida was not trying out one of the courses. Just get out early and beat the heat, you could do a sim at home.

Agree. It won't be long before you are sitting at home with the course closed! In Florida (and Ca.) we got a buggy and they filled the Cool-box with ice before we went out - dress properly, drink lots and enjoy it!! I played West Hill last week it nudged 30 degrees and we were walking.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Get out and play. I wouldn't be going to Florida to use a golf simulator. Will be brilliant courses over there.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Dude! you've traveled across the pond and your'e not going to play a proper course?! As other have said on here, you have to play one! You will have a buggy so the heat won't take a full toll on you. Embrace the opportunity to play or you will regret it down the line.

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ll invite you and your lad to our simulator when your back.
Get on the course out there.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've played in 40+ temperatures as it was the only time around work schedule I could fit it in but it was a top course for a good rate, plenty of water on offer, cold towels in the buggy and you'll be fine! it's only heat. Going all that way and not playing would be criminal.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As others have said, forget the range. Millions of better things to do over there. And unless you’re there for 3 weeks or more I’d forget golf altogether. We went for 12 days an that simply wasn’t long enough. This is of course presuming you have little interest in visiting all the parks.

Have fun 👍🏻

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very odd idea to use a sim over there. Either forget golf altogether whilst you're there or get out on the course, I'm sure you won't regret it

Plenty of time in our long, cold, dark & wet winters to use a sim!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go to Highlands Resreve on Us27 it’s not far from CG.
This is a nice easy course , good range , and reasonably cheap.
CG can be expensive.
Play at first light it’s great then.

I am off there on 25th sept with the lads for 11 days golf.
Last year we played 21 rounds I was knackered.

Never seen a simulator there’s no need.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I actually find it quite strange that anyone would rather play on a simulator than the real thing. The afternoon thunderstorms generally only last a few minutes then clear up, just take cover if you get caught. And if you do, you'll probably welcome the shower to cool you down anyway. Or as others have said, play either first thing or look for some of the cracking twilight deals and play after any showers have passed through.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry - you’re going to Florida on holiday where there loads of good courses and you have time to play golf and you want to go to a simulator?!? I can’t comprehend that

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your holiday sir and if you want to go on a simulator then go for it. I can't help with regards where one is, but I hope you find one, hope you thoroughly enjoy it and that you have a fun time. Good luck in your search

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for nothing everyone 🤔, bloomin useless. Family holiday, lots to do. This was to be a bit of fun one afternoon when it is honking down, as it does most afternoons in August. Last time we had an hour at a shooting range, fun and disturbing at the same time, this time I thought an hour whacking balls at Augusta. I don't have 4-5 hours to play a full round, that is for another holiday.

You've all failed. Remember your exam training, read the question, read it again, then answer 😁.

D

Deleted member 1418

This was to be a bit of fun one afternoon when it is honking down, as it does most afternoons in August. Last time we had an hour at a shooting range, fun and disturbing at the same time, this time I thought an hour whacking balls at Augusta.

I think when it's honking down for an hour or two it would be the perfect opportunity to have a holiday beer or 10!!

I'd put downing a few cold ones over a simulator!! 🍺🍺🍺🍺😉😂😂

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your playing golf, not running a triathlon. A simulator 😁 😂 😂 😂

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think when it's honking down for an hour or two it would be the perfect opportunity to have a holiday beer or 10!!

I'd put downing a few cold ones over a simulator!! 🍺🍺🍺🍺😉😂😂

I'm the driver on holiday so unfortunately that doesn't quite work. Otherwise, a fair shout.