Flightscope Mevo

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Retails around £500.

Very, very tempting.

https://youtu.be/qHAN96RvIaA

Has anyone used one?

Not seen it on sale in any golf retailers I've been in but I know Fried Eggs golf did a review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrEyKKE81Z0

I think it has potential and there is a place in the market for a portable device, providing it isn't overly expensive, is easy to use and above all is accurate. I think I'll be waiting to see some more detailed reviews and to see if there are any teething problems

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I watched the video, but would hardly say it was useless outside.......remember its about £15k cheaper than Trackman!

Fine if you have a hunner little silver spots to place on your balls, and want to lie on the ground lining up the thing for every shot, other than that, useless.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Useless for me, doesn’t provide face to path, dynamic loft, attack angle, swing path etc. The stuff that matters. Though for what I want it’ll cost 10k plus.

A bloke had one at the range and was showing my coach. Shows swing speed, carry and ball speed and I think spin.

I don’t need to know that. Range has markers.

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve had one for 6 months and regularly pair up with a Euro pro mate with a trackman. More than capable for my needs.

Great for wedge gaping and we regularly use them for distance comparisons on irons..

Well within amateur tolerances... presuming the £20’000 unit was right over the £500 one.

Interesting to see fried eggs talk about the need to tell it what club and distance your playing .

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Fine if you have a hunner little silver spots to place on your balls, and want to lie on the ground lining up the thing for every shot, other than that, useless.

The dots were only needed indoors as the ball flight was too short into a net/screen. Outdoors they aren't required as far as I know. Guess if you can hit it straight then lining it up isn't too hard :D

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The dots were only needed indoors as the ball flight was too short into a net/screen. Outdoors they aren't required as far as I know. Guess if you can hit it straight then lining it up isn't too hard :D

The Fried Eggs guy said if you're using on the driving range you still need to put a silver dot on the range balls... so you'll need an endless supply of them!

It looks interesting. I'd love to have the room to buy one and set it up in the garden over the warmer months, or even in an indoor studio. But I don't.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i was going to get one, but having to use the dots put me off. I stuck with my swingcaddie 2 which is gives me clubspeed,ball speed,carry,total and smash factor. Its decent enogh for me to use for testing my distances

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
The Fried Eggs guy said if you're using on the driving range you still need to put a silver dot on the range balls... so you'll need an endless supply of them!

It looks interesting. I'd love to have the room to buy one and set it up in the garden over the warmer months, or even in an indoor studio. But I don't.

Apologies, I stand corrected. Does mean you can really only practically use it indoors. I see they sell 1000 dots for $25!! Bloody expensive for one hit at a public range!

Like I said before, never able to justify this anyway.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You even have to point the spot in a particular way, so essentially rather than turning a ball over with your club, you'd have to get down and place every single ball.

It's a no from me.

Mugs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There’s a huge thread on WRX regarding this and most confirm that dots are not required, some think they give more accurate readings but everyone has an opinion

The gist was mainly the distance was the main requirement and some also said it had to be fairly level to the ball

For $500 your not getting a complete LM but the people complaining about accuracy I doubt their swing is insanely repetitive to the level it would matter

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I’ve been using it for over 6 months and when on the range I don’t use the dots ...
It works perfectly well

Good to know. How fiddly is it to set up behind the ball, though? That's what put me off the most in FriedEggs' review. It looked like you had to place it down very accurately and I kinda don't see that happening at our range, because the ground is pretty bumpy and uneven behind the mats.

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
Good to know. How fiddly is it to set up behind the ball, though? That's what put me off the most in FriedEggs' review. It looked like you had to place it down very accurately and I kinda don't see that happening at our range, because the ground is pretty bumpy and uneven behind the mats.

It’s not fiddly at all I just plonk it down and go. I think if your within 5 - 10 degrees your fine. I also put on top of an alignment pole so the distance is roughly the same from the ball each time, obviously leaving a few inches away from the ball.
This also ensures I pick it up when I leave the range.... the damn unit is so small I’m sure I would forget