Flag etiquette

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
nearest the pin usually asks others after marking their ball. if one of the players is off the green, they make the decision as to wether to remove.
not really rocket science I don't think.

then when all have putted out, i run up steal the flag and after all 18 holes, hand them in to the pro. Thats what I was always told to do after a game, is hand them in to the pro???

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
the fact that there is even a thread about this is worrying. this type of thing is what is wrong with golf. i wonder if snooker players decide who gets the chalk first

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
the fact that there is even a thread about this is worrying. this type of thing is what is wrong with golf. i wonder if snooker players decide who gets the chalk first

Spot on. Any newcomer to golf reading this tripe would likely sack it and go play tennis. Quite mad.

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
Spot on. Any newcomer to golf reading this tripe would likely sack it and go play tennis. Quite mad.

Since the course is closed and I'm bored rigid I just went to a random tennis forum and found a thread on etiquette of which balls to use during the warm up for a game of tennis. I have now decided that tennis is so far up itself I'm going to stick to golf.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Since the course is closed and I'm bored rigid I just went to a random tennis forum and found a thread on etiquette of which balls to use during the warm up for a game of tennis. I have now decided that tennis is so far up itself I'm going to stick to golf.

I'm thinking of taking up tennis!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes! With one of those old presses to keep it in that you used to tighten up with wing nuts, it just gets better!
You can have my wooden Dunlop racket if you like. It weighs about twice as much as my more modern one, and has a sweet spot the size of a ping pong ball.:eek: