Fittings at ping Gainsborough

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The biggest difference is quite obvious. They only do Ping. If your a Ping lover, it’s heaven. I have been twice and loved both experiences. However. The second time I went the wind was blowing 25 mph into your face and it was less than ideal playing conditions. It did not help that my swing was rammel. One of the things about Ping is that they will fit you for clubs and have a tweak with what you have re lofts etc. But.
I have had fittings at my place and they have gone through different makes of clubs, further more because they are PGA pros, if your not swinging well they will give you a few tweaks to try and get you hitting it better. Something Ping will not do.
If it is Ping you are deffo after then I would say go for it, I love Ping. But would they be the best option for you.
PS, To get fitted at Gainsboro you need to be referred by your club/ pro. But there are ways around it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The biggest difference is quite obvious. They only do Ping. If your a Ping lover, it’s heaven. I have been twice and loved both experiences. However. The second time I went the wind was blowing 25 mph into your face and it was less than ideal playing conditions. It did not help that my swing was rammel. One of the things about Ping is that they will fit you for clubs and have a tweak with what you have re lofts etc. But.
I have had fittings at my place and they have gone through different makes of clubs, further more because they are PGA pros, if your not swinging well they will give you a few tweaks to try and get you hitting it better. Something Ping will not do.
If it is Ping you are deffo after then I would say go for it, I love Ping. But would they be the best option for you.
PS, To get fitted at Gainsboro you need to be referred by your club/ pro. But there are ways around it.
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve traditionally been fitted at a pro for those reasons and sounds like still the best option even if going for ping. I was wondering if the fitting was more detailed.

P.s. you can book it at any ping stockist now. You pay in advance and is non Refundable I believe.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve traditionally been fitted at a pro for those reasons and sounds like still the best option even if going for ping. I was wondering if the fitting was more detailed.

P.s. you can book it at any ping stockist now. You pay in advance and is non Refundable I believe.

I believe you are correct re booking in. My club is a Ping stockist and let’s just say that I was bogged off with my pro when he wanted to charge me for weights being refitted in my clubs, even though Ping were not charging. So I booked direct With Gainsborough.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I believe you are correct re booking in. My club is a Ping stockist and let’s just say that I was bogged off with my pro when he wanted to charge me for weights being refitted in my clubs, even though Ping were not charging. So I booked direct With Gainsborough.

That’s understandable

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Surprised Ping charge. No charge at the Callaway Performance Centre at St.Andrews for a 90 minute session. Zero hard sell either as the people work for St.Andrews not Callaway.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Surprised Ping charge. No charge at the Callaway Performance Centre at St.Andrews for a 90 minute session. Zero hard sell either as the people work for St.Andrews not Callaway.

I think Ken that they charge ( there’s a couple of different sessions, different prices) and if you buy they knock the charge price off the purchase. My first session there I was charged £30, I got a price and went back to my club to buy local and they price matched. Wouldn’t beat it. So I bought them. That’s another one of the reasons I was bogged off when they stride to charge me for a weight that had fell out of the back. There’s actually been a few weights fall out. One of the good things about Ping is there ustomer care has been fantastic. Last ime I had the weight issue they told me if one comes out again to take the clubs back to Gainsboro and they will do the lot in an afternoon ?

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I think Callaway @ St Andrews must be an exception, as Callaway @ Chessington charge as do all other major manufacturers

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I think Ken that they charge ( there’s a couple of different sessions, different prices) and if you buy they knock the charge price off the purchase.

Im going in a couple of weeks, and its £25 for 75 minutes, irons only. You cannot buy direct from them, so dont think they can knock the fitting fee off.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
A very good friend of my is a member of Seaton and became a close friend and playing partner of someone very high up in the Ping UK organisation who didn't live local but who had taken a shine to Seaton Carew, and who was kind enough to donate a full fitting at Gainsborough for a charity auction.

My mate who is a plus golfer plays with Ping clubs and bought the prize for a decent price. The trip involved a full fitting, putter to driver, a Tour bag and a guided tour around the site.

One of the more interesting things was a look at the area where they keep spare shafts for their Tour plays such as Westwood and Bubba Watson. He was told that Watson's pink shafts were so strong they didn't have a flex rating.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Im going in a couple of weeks, and its £25 for 75 minutes, irons only. You cannot buy direct from them, so dont think they can knock the fitting fee off.

That must of changed since last year. They have a very good club shop within gold course and they mentioned that once I got my fittings spec, if they had them on the shelf I could take them there and then less the fitting cost.
?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think Ken that they charge ( there’s a couple of different sessions, different prices) and if you buy they knock the charge price off the purchase. My first session there I was charged £30, I got a price and went back to my club to buy local and they price matched. Wouldn’t beat it. So I bought them. That’s another one of the reasons I was bogged off when they stride to charge me for a weight that had fell out of the back. There’s actually been a few weights fall out. One of the good things about Ping is there ustomer care has been fantastic. Last ime I had the weight issue they told me if one comes out again to take the clubs back to Gainsboro and they will do the lot in an afternoon ?
I got several weights replaced on my i25s. All free, no shipping cost either.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I got several weights replaced on my i25s. All free, no shipping cost either.
Ken it was only £15 the pro wanted but to me it was the principle. He said it was for P and P. I had a few phone calls with Ping who were saying along the lines “ we have to deal with the person/ pro who ordered the clubs not the owner”. They then said in a very long round about way “ we do not charge for P and P”. They cover the cost as part of there warranty.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
A very good friend of my is a member of Seaton and became a close friend and playing partner of someone very high up in the Ping UK organisation who didn't live local but who had taken a shine to Seaton Carew, and who was kind enough to donate a full fitting at Gainsborough for a charity auction.

My mate who is a plus golfer plays with Ping clubs and bought the prize for a decent price. The trip involved a full fitting, putter to driver, a Tour bag and a guided tour around the site.

One of the more interesting things was a look at the area where they keep spare shafts for their Tour plays such as Westwood and Bubba Watson. He was told that Watson's pink shafts were so strong they didn't have a flex rating.
You wouldn’t expect that for bubba!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ken it was only £15 the pro wanted but to me it was the principle. He said it was for P and P. I had a few phone calls with Ping who were saying along the lines “ we have to deal with the person/ pro who ordered the clubs not the owner”. They then said in a very long round about way “ we do not charge for P and P”. They cover the cost as part of there warranty.
Your pro was at it!

Teebs

Visit site
I was fitted there for i230s in December. I ended up not using their spec (DGS300 / 1 degree upright) and got re-fitted at Snainton and ordered DG120s / 1 degree flat. Not sure what that says about the Ping fitting but in all fairness, your swing and shaft choice may differ from day to day anyway.

The Ping fitting and set up is very good, Trackman & ProV1 as the equipment / balls.

Having used the new irons at the driving range, the Snainton fit was the right spec, especially in the longer irons where the heavier shaft may have been a mistake. The flatter lie angle has helped to remove my over-draw shot..

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I was fitted there for i230s in December. I ended up not using their spec (DGS300 / 1 degree upright) and got re-fitted at Snainton and ordered DG120s / 1 degree flat. Not sure what that says about the Ping fitting but in all fairness, your swing and shaft choice may differ from day to day anyway.

The Ping fitting and set up is very good, Trackman & ProV1 as the equipment / balls.

Having used the new irons at the driving range, the Snainton fit was the right spec, especially in the longer irons where the heavier shaft may have been a mistake. The flatter lie angle has helped to remove my over-draw shot..
A useful insight thanks.

Teebs

Visit site
Not many people get fitted for dynamic gold shafts these days.

No, indeed, proper old school! Much happier with the DG120 shaft and has given me the exact flight i was looking for.
I was supposed to go back there and get fitted for the new G430 Hybrid, but the fitter has moved on and the Pro at Thonock Park got a bit confused with the situation so I've decided to leave it and go somewhere local or await a demo day..