First "proper" club membership - Chorley GC

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As some of you may know i have been looking for a new club for 2014 and onwards.

Previously i was rather nomadic, before joining my local muni last year. It was ok for a wee while but the course was in a bad state last year and it appeared that nothing was being done to sort it.

Well yesterday i was accepted to join Chorley, meaning i am now a first time member of a proper golf club.

Got my pin yesterday and pick up y joiners pack tomorrow. Sad i know, but i am buzzing.

If you find QWERTY posting in a few months about being paired with a right hacker over the next year, good chance it will be me!
:thup:

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
My friend is a member at Chorley & invites me to play there occasionally. It's a nice course & the greens are really good. That par 4 5th hole into the wind is a killer though.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Excellent news, hope to be in a similar position myself over Bury way soon.

Aside from Qwerty, do you know any members there. I'd be interested to hear how easy you integrate as a first time member if you don't, as that's a wee worry of mine.

Either way, enjoy the new 'pad'.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Excellent news, hope to be in a similar position myself over Bury way soon.

Aside from Qwerty, do you know any members there. I'd be interested to hear how easy you integrate as a first time member if you don't, as that's a wee worry of mine.

Either way, enjoy the new 'pad'.

Cheers pal

I don't actually know any members personally at the moment, however i have played there a few times recently and found it to be a pretty friendly place.

I am joining with my regular playing partner though, so i wont be a total gooseberry initially.

Where about in Bury you looking? I played Stand a fortnight ago and its a cracking little course. Been meaning to get to Whitefield's also but never managed it as of yet.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congrats of joining a club. Do you have a handicap? If not, get the three cards in and get involved in the comps as soon as possible. Enjoy life as a member

Cheers Homer

Currently off 20, but have not played comp golf in over six months so have probably gone inactive. I reckon i am probably playing to 16 - 17 currently.

Either way i want to put 3 cards in regardless as it will allow me to at least say hello to a few people and start to integrate early doors.

As mentioned i am joining with my mate (and possibly 2 others) and i will be playing the majority of golf with these guys. Saying that i am also eager to cut the apron strings and play with other members during comps.

My aim this year is to get to 11 and i 'think' i have it in me. I think the best way to do that will be to play with strangers and focus on my game more. Lure me out of my comfort zone, so to speak.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am also in the process of becoming a fully paid up member for the first time ever!

At the ripe old age of 49! I,m like a kid at xmas! I can't wait! Although the deal we have mead means I have to wait till march for the application to go in!

Course is closed a lot at the moment so I'm not missing out just yet!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice one Tuggles mate. How do you like that 18th? All I can see from the tee is all the cars in the back up car park.. I think I laid up with a 5 iron last time...

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Congrats Tuggles.

One of the reasons Qwerty went back there is because it is a good members club, with a good atmosphere around it.

Get in the comps, play with a few strangers, let them know your new and stay for a pint afterwards, and you'll be fine. People tend to warm to new members and some pass on their phone numbers, in case your struggling for a game, which also helps.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where about in Bury you looking? I played Stand a fortnight ago and its a cracking little course. Been meaning to get to Whitefield's also but never managed it as of yet.

Its Stand I'm going to join. Simply haven't yet as the weather has been so awful, I'd have given the pennies over for nowt. All being well in the next few weeks both the weather and I will get our acts together!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glad your finally in Fella :whoo:
As Ive said before you'll love it once the season is up and running and You'll feel at home in no time at all. Its a great club and the course isn't too bad either.
I'll be in touch for a game as soon as the weather picks up :thup:
This weather is driving me up the wall at the moment, not played since Christmas :angry:

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice one tuggles lovely course youve got into,played it about 5-6 times with society and course has always been in great condition
and have always been welcomed by the members which is a nice touch when visiting other courses and costs nothing..

Yeah the 5th is a bitch of a hole when into the wind think youve hit 3 goods shots and still come up short :smirk:

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Congrats on joining tuggles.

Nice track, plus there's some alright lads who play there. Apart from the weekend of the Mayors Cup when you play against Shaw Hill. For that weekend, you're all a bunch of **£(&^$£)*&^"...... ;)

You'll enjoy it fella!

Maiken

Hacker
Visit site
I joined Stand this year and its a cracking course, everyone seems very friendly and they have good rates for new members under 30!