First mens board competition (Medal) of the year

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
It was the first board competition of the year for men at my club today. Medal, white tees.

Guess the net scores of the first and second. Par is 69 and 182 members played.:eek: Conditions were good in Hampshire, warm sun and a light breeze.

Many of you have played the course and know how easy it is.:whistle:No prize for winner.:) No cheating going on club site etc !!

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
It was the first board competition of the year for men at my club today. Medal, white tees.

Guess the net scores of the first and second. Par is 69 and 182 members played.:eek: Conditions were good in Hampshire, warm sun and a light breeze.

Many of you have played the course and know how easy it is.:whistle:No prize for winner.:) No cheating going on club site etc !!
Somebody must have come in with a net 59 to win by 2 shots

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The winning score was a net 69, second was also 69 on count back. These were the only scores that were level par. Third was the only score at one over.

182 players and no one beat their handicap. Perhaps new handicaps are too low under the new system.:eek:

I can only think that the firm greens were the problem, as the course is in great condition, and weather was kind. Quite pleased I was not able to play.:)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The winning score was a net 69, second was also 69 on count back. These were the only scores that were level par. Third was the only score at one over.

182 players and no one beat their handicap. Perhaps new handicaps are too low under the new system.:eek:

I can only think that the firm greens were the problem, as the course is in great condition, and weather was kind. Quite pleased I was not able to play.:)
But hang on a mo......
If playing conditions are perfect then everyone should score well shouldn't they?
After all if playing conditions are poor everyone scores badly.....hence the need for the PCC.....
Jus sayin......

Steve Wilkes

Visit site

That did surprise me over that amount of players, Just looked the course up, looks a good test of golf, as Colt designed courses are and stand the test of time. Might have to try a get a round in when in the area

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
But hang on a mo......
If playing conditions are perfect then everyone should score well shouldn't they?
After all if playing conditions are poor everyone scores badly.....hence the need for the PCC.....
Jus sayin......
if only we still had CSS..... ;)
But the CSS or now PCC still wouldn't add to the net scores of the day, be interesting to know what the PCC is worked out to for that day

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site

Course is in great condition, greens quick but not scary quick, but some tricky pin positions and firm greens had most (including myself) struggling. Only downside was that did all add up to the round taking over 5 hours :confused:

D

Deleted member 3432

Course is in great condition, greens quick but not scary quick, but some tricky pin positions and firm greens had most (including myself) struggling. Only downside was that did all add up to the round taking over 5 hours :confused:

Sounds like fun.....:rolleyes:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
That is why I didn't play Sam. Only comp I have never enjoyed playing in because the course is hard, and the play slow. 180 odd playing on one day is a lot. Next Saturday's stableford should be back to usual speed.

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
That is why I didn't play Sam. Only comp I have never enjoyed playing in because the course is hard, and the play slow. 180 odd playing on one day is a lot. Next Saturday's stableford should be back to usual speed.

Teeing off at half 12, first medal of the year, 180+ people, not much golf played this year and course playing tough I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for. There’s worse places to spend a Sunday afternoon ?‍♂️

Steve Wilkes

Visit site

Did you find out the PCC for the day

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Teeing off at half 12, first medal of the year, 180+ people, not much golf played this year and course playing tough I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for. There’s worse places to spend a Sunday afternoon ?‍♂️
Where
Locked up for a year,possibility of being outside in the sunshine for 5 hours playing a lovely course.
That’s what happens when your spoilt,you fail to appreciate what you have.