First Medal of the Season

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
realgolferuk,

As you've only been adjusted 0.1 upwards once then it sounds like you have been allocated a fair handicap albeit one that will probably prevent you scooping the prizes in the near future.

I think your previous handicap history has been taken into account and the committee are covering their back by allocating something in the middle ground.

Whilst not 100% fair to you, the committee are probably thinking about the wider picture. The secretary will probably prefer to have one knive in the back from you rather than 150 knives from the other members when your cleaning up ;)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Marko, I do agree with you, of course. It's also worth mentioning that on the card he used for my h'cap I sneaked in a 38 on the back nine. My feeling (if such a thing would be possible) is that there ought to be a way keep the buffer on a maximum no. of shots regardless of the overall field. If everyone plays poorly and after considering the CSS the buffer is set at 2/3 shots over, I can go around to 14/15 all year year and not move up. I'm not that fussed about club competitions, but if I play every week, always 2 or 3 over, pay £150 a year to fund the prizes for bandits, what do I get out of it if my h'cap never moves?

However, soon enough I will chuck in a sub 80, (it's got to happen, even if by luck) and then if they had gradually moved me up to say 13 or 14, it'll just get sent back to 12 anyway!!