First Medal of The Season........So Close

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We had our first medal of the year today and it was looking like a nice morning, sunny, slight breeze etc
Have had a long series of .1's so was really looking to break the run

we were all playing well, even Imurg and at the turn I had shot 44 (net 35) messed up a par 3 with a 5 when it should have been a 3, but not too bad

messed up the 11th with a lost ball for a 7, but crucially missed at least 3 short putts that I would normally have eaten for breakfast , 1 for a birdie 2 and ended up with 89 (net 69), so I beat par (70), but ended up bang on SSS (69) so unless CSS moves i'll be at the top end of buffer.

The positives ... I played to my handicap for the first time in a while
Broke 90 gross
Hit some nice shots
only hit 3 truly awful shots
Might feature in my Division placings
In a Stableford equivilant to 37 points

The Negatives... missing short putts

Just brings it home how fine the line is between having a good round (which I did) to having a round that gets you cut, as you have to beat par by 2 because of the SSS

CVG scored a net 68 so he should get a miniscule cut and Imurg just missed out on buffer so gets a .1 back

If only a couple of those putts had rolled in.............................................

looking forward to the New Golf Thinking Event to see if we can improve things between the ears

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Glad to see you hitting some form. Hoping I will do the same this weekend but the practice session tonight left a lot to be desired. think the head space is messed. Off to just play tomorrow and see what happens over nine holes without any pressures