first lesson...

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
Had my first lesson today (only booked it because I thought it was supposed to be getting milder!) Anyway grip altered and instead of a fade got a nice draw but lack of distance at the moment but encouraged as the coach said he likes my swing and it's 'all there'! Off tomorrow to do some more 'homework'......if it's not freezing!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its great when you have a lesson and it clicks. The important thing to remember is to stick with it. I find that the second or third session after a lesson I sometimes regress and old habits slide back in. Take your time between each shot to make sure your fundamentals especially your new grip and alignment are correct. Even if it takes an hour to hit all the balls stick with it and treat each ball as a brand new start and go through your routine rather than just roll another onto the mat, check your grip and fire.

Get the new grip bedded in until it feels natural and try not to get too bogged down in mechanics. Hope you get on ok and let us know what happens

D

Deleted member 1740

Its the best feeling when you know your doing it right and you can feel the improvement in your swing. I'm sure the distance will come. I had my 1st lesson last wednesday and i can see the improvement in me hitting balls properly though i'm not getting to excited untill i've played a round then i can see how much the lesson has improved me.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best way to practise a new grip is to leave a club at the bottom of the stairs etc (some place you walk past often) and pick it up every time you go past and practise gripping the club and taking your stance.

Barney

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Kin ell !!!
Who do you lessons with? He has got you hitting a draw after one lesson.Whats his tel number ?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Best way to practise a new grip is to leave a club at the bottom of the stairs etc (some place you walk past often) and pick it up every time you go past and practise gripping the club and taking your stance.

This is what I did when I changed from caggy handed. I still take my clubs out and just grip for the sake of it whilst I'm watching tele.

dempsey

Visit site
would have say now you have seen and felt the improvement stick with even when it goes wrong occasionally ! had first lesson dec 06 off 22h/cap had many ups and downs that winter but stuck with lesson alterations and by mid june was down to 10.5, crept back up to 13 over last 2years but it takes time to groove it in. good luck and percivere !