First Ever Round

gavt29

Visit site
Hi All,

Newbie to site and golf as a whole. Played my 1st ever full 18 holes yesterday. I have played 9 holes in the past but never been the full distance. I managed to hit a 96 yesterday and just wondered how this compared with an average (if there is one). My Dad and his friend said that it was a great score for my first go but just wanted to guage some further opinions.
Thanks,

gavt29

Visit site
Hopefully I can find the time to keep playing - great game!
Although I fully expect there will be plenty of rounds that go up in score as well as down!

gavt29

Visit site
I have been over the driving range quite a few times and a done the odd 9 holes. Was most please with 4 pars and a birdie on the 18th par 4 400 yards. Really enjoed myself and hope to continue playing as often as possible

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cracking first round. Good score for a first time. Mine was 146 (when I was 13)......my 2nd was 148. I have a natural flair for the game, you know !!!!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice one mate! well done, thats a cracking start to have, all you gotta do now is keep going lower, easy peasey!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
96 is a great score for a first full 18, and to have a birdie.....brilliant.....I had to wait over a year for my first, and then it was by accident.

As an experienced player (who's seen a few first goes, mostly over 9) anything under ave. 6 per hole would be very good.

Keep it up.

Dave

First full 18 was 114 b.t.w.

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good knock that Gav T first time out!

Remember my first ever full round playing with two so-called experienced golfers at Poult Wood GC in Tonbridge. One of them hit it sideways off the first into the doorway of the pro shop, the other sky-pushed it onto the 18th green about 50 yards away on the right. Made my little 70-yard 3-iron straight down the middle look pretty special!

Didn't break 100 of course, but got there eventually on my way down to single figures. Will probably go in stops and starts from now on when you break through one minute and plateau off the next - but you'll always keep coming back for more. I know I have for nearly 25 years now but seem to remember getting stuck in the mid-80s for what seemed like decades.

Good luck and stick with it!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi All,

Newbie to site and golf as a whole. Played my 1st ever full 18 holes yesterday. I have played 9 holes in the past but never been the full distance. I managed to hit a 96 yesterday and just wondered how this compared with an average (if there is one). My Dad and his friend said that it was a great score for my first go but just wanted to guage some further opinions.
Thanks,
Bloody good first round if you ask me. My first was a 135 in 1969. Keep up the good work!