First ever club championship

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
As the title says. It's happening this Sunday, 36 holes, 18 on the Parkland and 18 on the Greenwood. Needless to say I'm a little nervous as the games not be going well recently. Doesn't help when I've just had the newsletter from the club saying that the rough is thicker than ever.

Also had a nightmare last night. My clubs were decapitated by someone shutting the boot lid of the car on the clubs!!

Anyone got any useful advice for the upcoming marathon that I'm facing!?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did it last weekend in the pouring rain. Was level after the first 18 and was in with a shout. Tiredness kicked in in the 2nd 18 and I finished 4 over.

Don't carry, take a change of clothes incase it pi**es down and plenty of water / fruit / chocolate / golf balls :eek:)

Good luck m8

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice early night. Porridge and coffee for breakfast. Out early for a warm up if ya can. Plenty of fluid's and (healthy) snacks.

Enjoy ya self, remeber, its all for fun!

Good luck, hope you play well.

lion

Hacker
Visit site
Good luck - played in a 36 hole comp last year. Mnagaed to have the one hot day of the year. Defo go with a change og clothes whether hot or wet.
Most importantly - enjoy it. And get HID to massage you after :eek:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My advice is to just play your own game - don't try to force the play or chase someone you think is doing well. Go onto the course with a game plan and stick to it. Aim to keep the ball in play on difficult holes even leaving the driver in the bag and playing a rescue to get in play.