financial crisis ?

ball_basher

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hi , just a thought ? we have apparently seen the golf punk mag go down , just wondering how the other golf mags are getting on , i would like to think GM is going to be cool !!! my gut feeling is that it is the best on market and in times like this you can rely on GM to chear you up on these long hard dark nihts ,

regards

mark

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
mark

I'm not sure golf punk have actually gone under just yet - we saw Dan their equipment editor at the cobra launch last week and he said the next issue was coming soon and that the break in publication since the October (?) issue had been due to takeover. It was odd that their website was down though

Thnakfully GM is in good health and although we're finding trading tougher than a year ago (car advertising, what car advertising!) we can't really complain

Golf International have gone bi-monthly (i suspect due to tough market conditions) but as far as I know its still business as usual with our 'friends' at TG and World

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I admit I have bought a few copies of golf punk in the past, generally when I was in the airport and waiting on a flight etc. I found it to be a decent effort at attracting the younger golfers into the way of the monthly mag.
I can remember an interview with Darren Clarke and have to say it was one of the better interviews with golfers Ive read. Some of the stuff in it isnt to my taste but then, find me a mag where everything is applicable to everyone.
Im sure it will be fine.

ball_basher

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mike

Good to hesr that evrything is well ,

i hope GP dont go down, i only picked the occasional copy up and like many have said , it did have good stuff in it , although a bit differnt , but good on them for trying to bring youngsters into golf .

regrads

Mark

terryb

Medal Winner
Visit site
Homer

With the name it might be difficult to go for a different readership but then what do I know about marketing as an accountant, it's just a cost to me!