Finally broke par

HPIMG

Visit site
I had set myself three goal this year. Get to single figures, shot a level par and get a hole in one. I got single figures a while ago and been trying to just shoot a level par. I had recently shot a level par and a -1 last week but both times on winter greens so didn’t count and before today I had shot +2 twice on my course.
Well today it finally happened lol I was -4 after 7 holes and started to think today’s the day. Finished -3 and got a record 6 birdies, previous best was 4 birdies in a round.
Feel brilliant now and confident of pushing on to try and get scratch next year.
466F7251-7888-4F27-9400-2A0D11A452B7.jpeg

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I had set myself three goal this year. Get to single figures, shot a level par and get a hole in one. I got single figures a while ago and been trying to just shoot a level par. I had recently shot a level par and a -1 last week but both times on winter greens so didn’t count and before today I had shot +2 twice on my course.
Well today it finally happened lol I was -4 after 7 holes and started to think today’s the day. Finished -3 and got a record 6 birdies, previous best was 4 birdies in a round.
Feel brilliant now and confident of pushing on to try and get scratch next year.
View attachment 45360

Well done mate! Awesome achievement - bet that birdie on 17 made you breathe a sigh of relief!

People said you wouldn't do it.......

HPIMG

Visit site
Well done mate! Awesome achievement - bet that birdie on 17 made you breathe a sigh of relief!

People said you wouldn't do it.......
Lol yes after the bogey on the 16th I was think just hold it together.
I have started to play with a 4 handicap and the games we have are really quite close. I reckon I am a bit of a bandit at 9 now. Probably if I’m honest around 5 so definitely on the right track.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Lol yes after the bogey on the 16th I was think just hold it together.
I have started to play with a 4 handicap and the games we have are really quite close. I reckon I am a bit of a bandit at 9 now. Probably if I’m honest around 5 so definitely on the right track.

Well if you card a few more rounds like this one you wont be at 9 for long! What's the score diff at your course for this round?

Albo

Visit site
Great round congrats.
That’s on my books for next year as a target.
Got a HiO this year but that’s all about fortune having one as a target might be a tough ask

D

Deleted member 23270

Great achievement well done. I remember the first time I had a chance of level par, needed to par the last. Hit my approach to about 20ft, all I could think about was not 3 putting. Holed it for birdie, 2 weeks later in another competition I shot level par on a different course.
Once you break through the barrier it starts to happen more regularly ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 45360
Well done, you’ll remember every shot for a long time. As for the hole-in-one, you could be waiting a while?. I’ve been playing golf 36 years, Cat 1 for 25 years, and still waiting for that fluke to happen.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great achievement well done. I remember the first time I had a chance of level par, needed to par the last. Hit my approach to about 20ft, all I could think about was not 3 putting. Holed it for birdie, 2 weeks later in another competition I shot level par on a different course.
Once you break through the barrier it starts to happen more regularly ?
I'll let you know how true that is when/if I ever break 80!:unsure:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
View attachment 45360
Well done. Any feedback on how you got to this point? Breaking into single figures and achieving a sub par round is quite an improvement from double figures in a year.

as someone who is trying to get to single figures, I’d love some tips on what worked best.

HPIMG

Visit site
Well done. Any feedback on how you got to this point? Breaking into single figures and achieving a sub par round is quite an improvement from double figures in a year.

as someone who is trying to get to single figures, I’d love some tips on what worked best.
I took up golf end of October 2020 I suppose like a lot of people. I had never played golf before and just kind of got the bug right from the start. I just enjoyed playing my first year didn’t think about handicap or playing comps but did end up with a handicap of 24 at end of first year.
Second year I thought I want to take this more seriously and have a end goal of scratch just because a few people laughed when I said this. Got to single figures really quite easily mid summer and I never really practice at all but I do play most days. The pro I have been working with wanted me to get lower than 9 and even now he reckons I’m around 5 and the plan is to just start chipping away at the handicap next season.
So all I’ve really done is just play a lot of golf really. I have noticed with a few people I play with it’s only me that seems to be progressing at a fast rate but I’m just putting that down to being still relatively new to golf and finding my level. I did play today and the wheels came off lost a ball a hit a good few bad shots but still shot +9 so I’m finding now my bad games are not that bad and my good games are now getting really low scores.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
T
I took up golf end of October 2020 I suppose like a lot of people. I had never played golf before and just kind of got the bug right from the start. I just enjoyed playing my first year didn’t think about handicap or playing comps but did end up with a handicap of 24 at end of first year.
Second year I thought I want to take this more seriously and have a end goal of scratch just because a few people laughed when I said this. Got to single figures really quite easily mid summer and I never really practice at all but I do play most days. The pro I have been working with wanted me to get lower than 9 and even now he reckons I’m around 5 and the plan is to just start chipping away at the handicap next season.
So all I’ve really done is just play a lot of golf really. I have noticed with a few people I play with it’s only me that seems to be progressing at a fast rate but I’m just putting that down to being still relatively new to golf and finding my level. I did play today and the wheels came off lost a ball a hit a good few bad shots but still shot +9 so I’m finding now my bad games are not that bad and my good games are now getting really low scores.

thats quite impressive mind. Not many progress that quick as either let their head get in the way or don’t have the transferable attributes.