Films

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought Snatch was manure ๐Ÿ’ฉ
This is absolute crazy talk! Snatch is an all time classic. One of the most quotable films of all time.

Iโ€™m going out on a limb here, Guy Ritchie is one of the worst directors of all time, one half decent film and heโ€™s lived off that for 20 odd years ๐Ÿคฃ
He's had some stinkers, but he's had loads of great films as well. Lock Stock, Snatch, Rock n Rolla, The Gentleman, all great. Revolver was bloody awful, mind.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Even though I have watched it god knows how many times , it still sends shivers down my spine when the music kicks in .
A fantastic film from start to finish ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ

When I used to run marathons my husband came to support me at Saffron Walden. We had an open top car and half way through I heard the Vangelis music playing at full blast :) There he was...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Plus I was shocked to see a very young Tommy Lee Royce starting the race at Cambridge Uni. Clearly before he set on a life of crime!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Might be one for the NFL fans here. Draft Day
Never heard of the movie until last week when I saw one of those 'experts react to' things on youtube. Found it on Prime and I really liked it.
Also, can't really go wrong with a Kevin Coster movie.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to see antman

Not as bad as reviews make out. Certainly not the second worst movie

Mid range

Sets up the next and so on as they do

As most movies

"Mindless escapism"

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Went to see antman

Not as bad as reviews make out. Certainly not the second worst movie

Mid range

Sets up the next and so on as they do

As most movies

"Mindless escapism"
Agree, not as enjoyable as the first two, as they had a bit more humour & crime caper about them but not as bad as people have made out. The wife's comment was that they had gone a bit too "Star Wars"

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree, not as enjoyable as the first two, as they had a bit more humour & crime caper about them but not as bad as people have made out. The wife's comment was that they had gone a bit too "Star Wars"

Thought that myself (star wars bit)

I think marvels problem is the good stand alone films never get made anymore it's just one in a epic tail

Like a series

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thought that myself (star wars bit)

I think marvels problem is the good stand alone films never get made anymore it's just one in a epic tail

Like a series

Very much this. Plus you look at the early successful films and they were all just a little bit grounded (and I mean this in the loosest sense as a superhero film can never really be grounded) and those tend to be the better films (Iron Man, the 3 Captain America films, Spiderman filsm etc). I lost interest in the comics (and both Marvel and DC did this) when it all went multiversal and the same is happening with the films.

The films also used to be relatively self contained as well with only the post credit scent building to the next one whereas now all of the films are a build up to the next thing.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very much this. Plus you look at the early successful films and they were all just a little bit grounded (and I mean this in the loosest sense as a superhero film can never really be grounded) and those tend to be the better films (Iron Man, the 3 Captain America films, Spiderman filsm etc). I lost interest in the comics (and both Marvel and DC did this) when it all went multiversal and the same is happening with the films.

The films also used to be relatively self contained as well with only the post credit scent building to the next one whereas now all of the films are a build up to the next thing.

Exactly that with the more self contained films but these aren't little hints with Easter eggs as to what's next it's just you must notice this and onto the next film

However that said their my kind of films I like the multiverse, much how Keaton Is returning as batman (would have loved to have seen Patterson, Keaton, bale all at once) love the idea of different versions of hero's like batman where bruce was shot in the alley and Thomas Wayne became batman instead

Those kind things

But hey it's an escape from reality

Enjoy most them. Didn't enjoy black panther 2 but I think that film was just hindered by the star passing away and it becoming a massive tribute to him film rather than a film. Overshadowed (rightly) the film but just made it boring (bad to say)

Long as we don't get iron man return! He done my nut in lol bring back cap tho

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Iron man will be back with cap for one of the upcoming avengers films.

Think that Bale will be in the Flash film as well

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I didnโ€™t rate Creed 1.
Watched Creed 2 last night & thought it was much better.
That's good to hear - we are debating whether to watch it and then go & see the 3rd one at the cinema (we've got the Cineworld Unlimited card, so end up seeing films that we wouldn't have gone to see otherwise)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Might be one for the NFL fans here. Draft Day
Never heard of the movie until last week when I saw one of those 'experts react to' things on youtube. Found it on Prime and I really liked it.
Also, can't really go wrong with a Kevin Coster movie.

Amazing film! Even better for me as a Browns fan... Vontae Mack, no matter what!