Films

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
St Vincent on Amazon Prime. A film from 2014 starring Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy. I realized I'd seen it before, but watched it again and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not your usual comedy fare from either of the them, but a very good drama worth a view.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched The House with Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler. Kind of like a Breaking Bad type thing, if BB was a daft implausible comedy. Not awful, filled a Sunday evening and I quite like Jason Mantzoukas who was in it as well.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Day Shift on Netflix. A vampire action/ comedy (?) starring Jamie Foxx. I didn't not enjoy it, but struggling to say something really good about it. It was OK, maybe a tad long at nearly 2 hours though.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Marvel odyssey continues, not far from the end now but my daughter insists we also have to watch the standalone shows ?

Spider-Man Homecoming, enjoyed it, not a bad film.
Doctor Strange, another good watch albeit a bit confusing. I take it that’s the start of all that Multiverse carry on?
Thor Ragnorak, back to a little bit too silly for me but I still really enjoyed it.

Ant Man and the Wasp up next.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Marvel odyssey continues, not far from the end now but my daughter insists we also have to watch the standalone shows ?

Spider-Man Homecoming, enjoyed it, not a bad film.
Doctor Strange, another good watch albeit a bit confusing. I take it that’s the start of all that Multiverse carry on?
Thor Ragnorak, back to a little bit too silly for me but I still really enjoyed it.

Ant Man and the Wasp up next.
Dr Strange hurts my head. The first one was just about okay, the second you can keep. I don't like the whole multi verse thing but it has really become major for the whole Marvel set up.

I like the Ant Man films. Fairly un-Marvel like but it worked for me.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dr Strange hurts my head. The first one was just about okay, the second you can keep. I don't like the whole multi verse thing but it has really become major for the whole Marvel set up.

I like the Ant Man films. Fairly un-Marvel like but it worked for me.

As we know that they are now heading towards Secret Wars, it will play a part over the next couple of years but will end after that. Still think it will be absent from a number of releases and will only feature in some movies. Sadly the latest Ant Man film will be another multiverse thing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As we know that they are now heading towards Secret Wars, it will play a part over the next couple of years but will end after that. Still think it will be absent from a number of releases and will only feature in some movies. Sadly the latest Ant Man film will be another multiverse thing.
That's a shame

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's a shame

I know, there were so many more down to earth 'Avengers Level' events in the comics that they could have focused on but they decided on the multiverse route all concluding in the massive battle royale with every character ever imagined in Secret Wars (hopefully the more modern verson not the orignal comic designed to sell a range of toys)

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
An old Sean Connery 2000 film called Finding Forrester.
A slow moving drama, nothing too exciting, but worth a watch.
Old Sean Connery was a much better actor that he was when he played James Bond.
Hunt for Red October is my favourite movie.

I watched Crimson Tide yesterday. Das Boot on Monday. Seems to be submarine week on one of those channels in the 400s on VM.

Roland Emerich (Das Boot, Independence Day) just dies on Tuesday. Massive in German media this week.