Films

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cineworld filing for bankruptcy - cinema seems to be in a bad way post the pandemic.

Not the biggest surprise, even when restrictions were being relaxed the studios were holding back their biggest releases until they could maximise profit and there was very little on. Add to that the delays in release due to covid filming issues and the fact that you can almost guarantee that it will only be a matter of a couple of months before the latest release is on some form of streaming platform and there would always be an issue.

The cinema is also not the affordable family night out it used to be. I dread to think what it costs for a family of 4 for tickets, drinks, popcorn etc these days whereas you can buy a film to stream for a tenner.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not the biggest surprise, even when restrictions were being relaxed the studios were holding back their biggest releases until they could maximise profit and there was very little on. Add to that the delays in release due to covid filming issues and the fact that you can almost guarantee that it will only be a matter of a couple of months before the latest release is on some form of streaming platform and there would always be an issue.

The cinema is also not the affordable family night out it used to be. I dread to think what it costs for a family of 4 for tickets, drinks, popcorn etc these days whereas you can buy a film to stream for a tenner.

If you've got an Odeon near you, investigate Limitless. You can either pay monthly of upfront (we do the latter) and your film options are, well, limitless. We have to pay a £3 supplement for the iSense screen, but other than that any film is free, and our local has been fully refitted with leather recliners.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you've got an Odeon near you, investigate Limitless. You can either pay monthly of upfront (we do the latter) and your film options are, well, limitless. We have to pay a £3 supplement for the iSense screen, but other than that any film is free, and our local has been fully refitted with leather recliners.

The wonders of rural Lincolnshire again. We have a Savoy and that only has a few screens.

As I like the cineman in theory but get annoyed there in practice (talking, rustling, phones etc) our best discovery was that it only cost £200 to hire a whole screen on saturday night. 20 of us hapy to pay a tenner each to have the place to ourselves, start the film when we were ready etc.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

For a family of 4 it’s £23 at my local Cineworld. Which isn’t too bad.

Just take your own snacks and drink if you must. Or better still don’t, so I don’t have to listen to the rustling.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched 13 Lives last night with the boy, absolutely tremendous film.
I’m not going to get into the story too much, I’m sure most people are aware it’s about the Thai cave rescue.
What these divers did is nothing short of miraculous in my opinion.
If you haven’t watched it give it a go.
We bought the book last night as well ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Fisherman's Friend: One & All. Harmless easy entertainment, probably more appealing to the older members of the forum, with more than a few laughs. We enjoyed it.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Watched 13 Lives last night with the boy, absolutely tremendous film.
I’m not going to get into the story too much, I’m sure most people are aware it’s about the Thai cave rescue.
What these divers did is nothing short of miraculous in my opinion.
If you haven’t watched it give it a go.
We bought the book last night as well ?

How many times did you realise you’d stopped breathing?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched Bullet proof, a film with Vinnie Jones, or rather I didn't.

Total toilet ?

I didn't even get to the point where Jones made his entrance.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just back from seeing Bullet Train. It was outstanding! Reminded me of a Reservoir Dogs or Guy Ritchie style film, but all set on a train (obviously). Action comedy with proper laughs and a fantastic cast. Really enjoyed it!
Bullet Train. It’s taken a while but finally something has replaced Jo Jo Rabbit as the biggest steaming pile of :poop: that I’ve wasted 2 hours of my life on.

:LOL:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Memory. Amazon Prime film, starring Liam Neeson, Monica Bellucci, Guy Pearce.

The Contractor. Amazon Prime film, starring Chris Pike, Keifer Sutherland.

Both passed the time. Some dodgy acting from some of the B-cast actors.