Films

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Northman. Well, that was a tough watch. If Sam Smith, singer, wanted to film a Shakespearean, nordic drama he would have written this :oops:. It isn't a glamorous, Hollywood film, it is grim, brutal and hard going.

It isn't without merit but be prepared before you watch it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went to see The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. A film in which Nicolas Cage plays "Nick Cage" - a down-on-his-luck famous movie star. And it was brilliant! He's essentially been playing himself for the last 20 years anyway, this was every bit as mental as you'd expect a film of Nicolas Cage playing himself to be. Truly hilarious in places. Superb.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Father Stu; Mark Wahlberg, Mel Gibson, Malcolm McDowell. True life story of a bad boy boxer turned priest who is then struck down by a muscle wasting disease. Absolutely brilliant; sad, annoying, uplifting, and laugh out loud (quite literally). First time in a long time I haven't checked my watch in the cinema, and a cracking soundtrack.

Springveldt

Visit site
Watched Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness last night at the iMax. Really enjoyed it and had forgotten how great iMax is, love the sense of being surrounded by the movie.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Watched Dallas Buyers Club the other day. Interesting subject, but had to concentrate hard in the first half of the film to follow the plot. Well worth watching, but not if you just want some light entertainment.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been to see Downton Abbey. What a lot of tosh !!! Absolute rubbish.

We don't watch the TV program but were attracted by a newspaper review going overboard about the landscape and scenery etc.
We have holidayed in the area for nearly 20 years but missed the last couple due to Covid and thought 'wouldn't it be nice to see our regular haunts'. Apart from the ground of the chateau there was more UK scenery than French. But the story line was dire. The only sparks were Maggie Smith's bon mots - which were somewhat telegraphed.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched Man on the Moon last night....the Andy Kaufman biography. Obviously not a new film, but as someone who loved Taxi in the 70's, was a good watch. Jim Carey played Andy Kaufman well, although I have read that he maybe didn't capture his kind hearted nature, just his eccentricities.

I found a You Tube clip comparing the film and real life performances and it appeared to be fairly accurate. Kaufmann was a gifted "comic", albeit very quirky and one of an kind!!

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Fantastic Beasts; The Secrets of Dumbledore. Mrs BiM is the fan (I'm the family Muggle); the effects are stunning, the plot fairly simplistic (that may be my mugginess) but an easy way to pass a couple of hours. Very enjoyable.