Films

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The batman is available from various places

Going to sit down with the wife tonight and finally watch together .. covid and kids ruined that plan so ended up going with a mate as she was then back at work.

Least she can fall asleep on the sofa not at the cinema like she normally does

RichA

Visit site
MrsA and I currently have a Disney+ subscription.
We sat down to watch Avatar on Saturday night, neither of us having seen it.
The most successful movie of all time.
What a snoozefest. I lost interest after an hour. She fell asleep shortly afterwards.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
MrsA and I currently have a Disney+ subscription.
We sat down to watch Avatar on Saturday night, neither of us having seen it.
The most successful movie of all time.
What a snoozefest. I lost interest after an hour. She fell asleep shortly afterwards.
One of the most overrated movies of all time. Released with massive hype because it was 3D and 3D was a new thing at that time. Storyline is dull as ditchwater though and full of holes. Nonsense movie.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The latest Fantastic Beasts film. Good film, it slotted in well as a film in it's own right, not just a filler. Stretching out another 2 films is exactly that, stretching an idea, but we will be there for the next one.

Has anyone seen The Northman yet?

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of the most overrated movies of all time. Released with massive hype because it was 3D and 3D was a new thing at that time. Storyline is dull as ditchwater though and full of holes. Nonsense movie.
A film not worth watching unless you watch it in 3D because, as you said, the actual "plot/story" isn't good - it looks amazing in 3D and you almost forget that the story is wafer thin

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The latest Fantastic Beasts film. Good film, it slotted in well as a film in it's own right, not just a filler. Stretching out another 2 films is exactly that, stretching an idea, but we will be there for the next one.

Has anyone seen The Northman yet?
I was disappointed in The Secrets of Dumbledore LT - it took a while to get going and then jumped about all over the place. There are a lot of plot holes but I thought that with the last one tbh.
It's one of those films where it looks like they cut large amounts of story out to get it within a certain time running length. My wife loves HP but even she came out and was a bit meh about it.
Haven't seen Northman yet but have heard good things about it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A film not worth watching unless you watch it in 3D because, as you said, the actual "plot/story" isn't good - it looks amazing in 3D and you almost forget that the story is wafer thin
Yep, that was exactly what they were going for I think. "Wow, that spear whistled straight past my head" "What's going on though?" "Who cares!"

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Amazon Prime has all the Bond movies for free, Ive been watching the Roger Moore ones the last few nights.

I just watched From Russia with Love. Really wish I hadn't. Wish I still had my rose tinted view of the old Bond films but they are pretty awful (sorry, Connery was awful in this as was all of the other acting) and I know it was a different era but the attitudes shown really should have a public health warning. May keep going to see if any were actually any good or whether it is just that they were good to a much younger me watching them in the 80s.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I just watched From Russia with Love. Really wish I hadn't. Wish I still had my rose tinted view of the old Bond films but they are pretty awful (sorry, Connery was awful in this as was all of the other acting) and I know it was a different era but the attitudes shown really should have a public health warning. May keep going to see if any were actually any good or whether it is just that they were good to a much younger me watching them in the 80s.

I actually like them ??
You just have to take them from the era they were from and not take them to seriously ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was disappointed in The Secrets of Dumbledore LT - it took a while to get going and then jumped about all over the place. There are a lot of plot holes but I thought that with the last one tbh.
It's one of those films where it looks like they cut large amounts of story out to get it within a certain time running length. My wife loves HP but even she came out and was a bit meh about it.
Haven't seen Northman yet but have heard good things about it
I think I went in with relatively low expectations, 2nd one was poor imo, so I liked the fact that it brought together a few things, almost felt like a film on its own rather than a middle film. Yes, there were plenty of holes but once you accept that and get on with it it was okay. They don't stand up to the HP films but it was a pleasant way to spend an evening, thank you Vue, £10.88 for 3 adults using a Meerkat code :D.

I'm hoping to see The Northman next week. Reviews seem okay but it is always good to get a real persons view.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually like them ??
You just have to take them from the era they were from and not take them to seriously ?

I find that easier with the Roger Moore ones that did not take themselves seriously but the Straight Laced Sean Connery ones have just stopped working for me. Certainly in the first few his acting is atrocious, maybe he hit is stride around Goldfinger but I am dreading to see how that watches now as it was a favourite.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched Belfast the other night, very impressive film and well worth a watch.
Not sure if it was meant but I found the tone of the film to be quite jovial rather than dark, did anyone else find this?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Me and the Mrs watched Dirty Dancing last night. What a top ‘feel good’ film with great music and dancing as well a deeper plot line or two. Definitely one for another viewing when we need a little filip when feeling down. We just loved it. They just don’t seem to make them like that … and it was only 1987…

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Me and the Mrs watched Dirty Dancing last night. What a top ‘feel good’ film with great music and dancing as well a deeper plot line or two. Definitely one for another viewing when we need a little filip when feeling down. We just loved it. They just don’t seem to make them like that … and it was only 1987…

Watched for the first time?? LOVE that film and have seen it countless times "nobody puts baby in a corner" :love:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Traffic and how mad it is

To work 36 mins this morning..roads dead.. didn't catch a single light

Going home 1 hour 10 mins .. mental