Films

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, I wondered if they just didn't want to make him too similar to Thanos from the Avengers films so they toned him down slightly? This was one of the poorer X-Men films. Missus wants to watch Dark Phoenix next, but I've seen it has poor reviews. I don't like the casting of Sophie Turner, she seems lightweight compared to the confidence and sex appeal Famke Janssen brought to the role before. Plus they already did the whole Phoenix story in the original third X-Men film so it almost feels like a straight remake (without having seen it obviously).

If you have access to it for nothing (ie Disney plus) then it's worth a watch

If you have to pay for it .. then don't bother

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you have access to it for nothing (ie Disney plus) then it's worth a watch

If you have to pay for it .. then don't bother
Oh, we do have Disney Plus but I forgot it was on there so I'm glad you said that. She was ready to pay for it on Amazon the other day but we didn't.. ha. She started Disney access a while ago but practically forgot we had it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh, we do have Disney Plus but I forgot it was on there so I'm glad you said that. She was ready to pay for it on Amazon the other day but we didn't.. ha. She started Disney access a while ago but practically forgot we had it.

Disney plus has been a proper game changer

Manderlorian is one my fav shows now

Got majority of marvel , all xmen which is good to re watch

But for me it's been perfect timing as the eldest now likes Disney .. think we watch little mermaid 3 times a week now

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Serpent is excellent, quite haunting. Very well done, very sinister. We are 4 in out of 8 and are hooked.

We watched the 3rd episode last night, gripping stuff.

if you don't mind the odd spoiler, you should read the true story of Sobhraj's life, it is quite incredible. The guy was some piece of work. Or if you are in binge mode, read it afterwards.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't fancy it at all, but have to say it was superb. I'd recommend watching it with subtitles on as the wordplay is so clever and fast, you will miss half of it otherwise.

I told my kids about it (before I had seen it), and they looked at me askance. "Who?", "some 18th Century politician" and "rap musical, are you serious, Dad" were the more polite parts, but they loved it and have watched it over and over since.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I told my kids about it (before I had seen it), and they looked at me askance. "Who?", "some 18th Century politician" and "rap musical, are you serious, Dad" were the more polite parts, but they loved it and have watched it over and over since.

I have been in the same boat with Hamilton, heard it is superb but just not brought myself around to watching it. Looks like it may be my viewing for this weekend.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Found one of the most under-rated WW2 films ever on BBC iPlayer yesterday. "Operation Crossbow". Deals with the v1 and v2 rocket threat combined with a decent enough spy slot with George Peppard.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched Wind River last night

Films on 4

Very good. About a tracker the finding of the body of a girl on an Indian reservation in the snow miles from anywhere and how a FBI woman an Indian policeman and a wildlife ranger/hunter go about tracking her killers. Great ending.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I wondered if they just didn't want to make him too similar to Thanos from the Avengers films so they toned him down slightly? This was one of the poorer X-Men films. Missus wants to watch Dark Phoenix next, but I've seen it has poor reviews. I don't like the casting of Sophie Turner, she seems lightweight compared to the confidence and sex appeal Famke Janssen brought to the role before. Plus they already did the whole Phoenix story in the original third X-Men film so it almost feels like a straight remake (without having seen it obviously).
Well we watched Dark Phoenix at the weekend, I don't think it was quite as bad as a lot of the reviews said. I still had the feeling that it had been done before, but it had one or two enjoyable moments. Fassbender stealing the show again really. :LOL: