Films

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Saw Official Secrets on Amazon Prime last night. It's about the GCHQ employee who leaked an email from the NSA ahead of the Iraq war back in the early 2000s. Very good cast and it is a solid film. Not spectacular but I did learn a bit of stuff as I did vaguely remember it in the news but was not that aware.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Knives Out on Amazon Prime. Decent enough but with all the positive reviews I expected a bit more. Still, nice to see an old genre of film revived.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The David Copperfiled film on Amazon. If you haven't read the book, I have not, then a lot will not really make sense and it can drag. If you have read it, my wife has, it bobs along quite nicely. Some excellent British actors in it who never let you down.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I know I am late to the party but I just started to watch the Marvel films. I already knew the Ironman movies, just got stated on the rest with Captain America the 1st Avenger. Really enjoyed it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know I am late to the party but I just started to watch the Marvel films. I already knew the Ironman movies, just got stated on the rest with Captain America the 1st Avenger. Really enjoyed it.

The other 2 captain america films are better than the first one. The second one, The Winter Soldier, is the standout one of the 3.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site

Me too. My 15 year old daughter wanted to watch them and so we are doing so together. Neither of us have seen them before. Especially enjoyed Captain America: The First Avenger, and The Avengers. Next on the list is Iron Man 3.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Me too. My 15 year old daughter wanted to watch them and so we are doing so together. Neither of us have seen them before. Especially enjoyed Captain America: The First Avenger, and The Avengers. Next on the list is Iron Man 3.
The more you watch, make sure you try to watch them in order of the whole Marvel series, not just Iron Man 1, 2 & 3. There starts to be more and more plot crossovers mainy feeding into the Avengers films. If you miss a film there could be something important in there that affects the next film that you watch.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
The more you watch, make sure you try to watch them in order of the whole Marvel series, not just Iron Man 1, 2 & 3. There starts to be more and more plot crossovers mainy feeding into the Avengers films. If you miss a film there could be something important in there that affects the next film that you watch.

Thanks! We are watching them in chronological order of when they are set. My daughter got a very carefully ordered list instructing us of the best sequencing from her mate at school who is a Marvel nut! I am loving the recurrent themes and imagery, the big story arc as well as the detail of each film. So far Captain America The first Avenger/ Captain Marvel/Iron Man/Iron Man 2/Thor/The Avengers. Next is Iron Man 3, then Thor the Dark World, followed by Winter Soldier and on we will go. We have skipped the Hulk (as it's not on Disney +).

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks! We are watching them in chronological order of when they are set. My daughter got a very carefully ordered list instructing us of the best sequencing from her mate at school who is a Marvel nut! I am loving the recurrent themes and imagery, the big story arc as well as the detail of each film. So far Captain America The first Avenger/ Captain Marvel/Iron Man/Iron Man 2/Thor/The Avengers. Next is Iron Man 3, then Thor the Dark World, followed by Winter Soldier and on we will go. We have skipped the Hulk (as it's not on Disney +).
Looks like I found a similar list, didn’t realise yet that Hulk isn’t on Disneynplus. I preempted Dr Strange before but found that weird.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Am I weird in the fact that just about any Marvel movie bores the tits off me? I have tried and I can set how they will appeal, but I just don't get them. May be it's a superhero issue I have. I liked Nolan's Batman movies but that's about it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am I weird in the fact that just about any Marvel movie bores the tits off me? I have tried and I can set how they will appeal, but I just don't get them. May be it's a superhero issue I have. I liked Nolan's Batman movies but that's about it.
Yes :LOL:. No, of course not. It is a style of film and things about it that appeal to me can just as easily turn someone else off.

For me, you can make the best period drama ever and I still wont touch it with a barge pole.