Fellow competitor picks incompletely holed ball from the hole?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry guys, but but I won't be asking any more questions on this rules forum, because of all the nit-picking unpleasantness!!! I'll put any questions directly to the the R&A in future. :angry:

Please tell me I didn't imagine this and Del is finally going to stop posting his made up scenarios.......... :clap:

....and Del....Please don't apologise for what is the best news I have heard in the 5 years I've had to read your drivel!! :whoo:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Please tell me I didn't imagine this and Del is finally going to stop posting his made up scenarios.......... :clap:

....and Del....Please don't apologise for what is the best news I have heard in the 5 years I've had to read your drivel!! :whoo:

Why should I have to make them up? They are all true! :rolleyes:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site

You're not seriously expecting me to believe that one man could get involved in soooooo many controversial incidents..........

You must be the unluckiest man on the planet.........

Hang on...edit that......that privilege will be going to the poor sod at the R&A who will be appointed to personally handle all your queries.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

The only people who gets as many rules problems in their life are, Jezz and Furgus in the Golf Monthly magazine, rules section. I suspect that Delc, like the two in GM a lot of the problems are made up!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The problem Delc is pointing out and is probably referring to as the faff is caused by 20-3d. Getting the ball to stay there can be awkward and f it doesn't then 20-3d kicks in.

It doesn't say which side of the flagstick. Place it on the side it is leaning towards.
But is there a prohibition on holding the flagstick when placing the ball?

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The problem Delc is pointing out and is probably referring to as the faff is caused by 20-3d. Getting the ball to stay there can be awkward and f it doesn't then 20-3d kicks in.
If the FC had done the right thing and moved or removed the flagstick so that ball fell fully into the hole before picking it out, then there would not have been an issue. Even better if he had allowed the player himself to remove the ball!

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the FC had done the right thing and moved or removed the flagstick so that ball fell fully into the hole before picking it out, then there would not have been an issue. Even better if he had allowed the player himself to remove the ball!

See post #53