Favourite player to watch on TV?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

So we all love our golf. But we all love to see different things. Tiger drives us all mad, either from too much coverage or not enough.
Do we like free scoring Rory and DJ, or battling players like Zach Johnson?
Some are too fast some too slow. Big hitters or short game gurus?

Who do we all like to see on the TV the most?

My own favourite player to watch on TV is Matt Fitzpatrick - he’s quick, talented and has a great short game.
My other favourite is Luke Donald.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phil Mickelson. Always exciting, can be erratic. Plays with a smile on his face.

Used to love watching Els in his heyday.

Also like Snedeker for his pace of play and his happy demeanour.

D

Deleted member 1418

Old repeats of Seve in his prime - nobody else in this day and age comes close in terms of excitement, passion, shot making and carrying a crowd along with him.

I had the pleasure of watching him the flesh at a number of tournaments in the late 80s and no one I've seen since comes close, and that includes Tiger.

D

Deleted member 1418

Is his short game really that good?
The commentators seem to cream them selves EVERY time he as a wedge in his hand.

Feel the same. Let's face it he's benefitted from havimg ridiculous lofts on his wedges for a number of years. Don't think he's that much better than a number of others out there.

I do like Lefty though for the way he plays and interacts with the fans. And he always comes across as respecting the way the game should be played in terms of respect and sportsmanship. A class act IMO.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sergio. He is a nervy player, just like me. Brilliant at times, then panics. Love it.

All these robots. No.

Bubba. He is fantastic to watch. You have no idea what is coming next. Neither does he.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Feel the same. Let's face it he's benefitted from havimg ridiculous lofts on his wedges for a number of years. Don't think he's that much better than a number of others out there.

I do like Lefty though for the way he plays and interacts with the fans. And he always comes across as respecting the way the game should be played in terms of respect and sportsmanship. A class act IMO.

Agree,he does come across as a nice guy.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Sergio. He is a nervy player, just like me. Brilliant at times, then panics. Love it.

All these robots. No.

Bubba. He is fantastic to watch. You have no idea what is coming next. Neither does he.

Agree about Garcia,best swing on tour for me.
Bubba is a knob tho.

D

Deleted member 15344

All time fav is Seve - he was superb and entertained

Not a fan of Mickleson find him a bit false at times

Stenson , Garcia both favs to watch when on form find players like Rose a bit robotic and when he is on form for me there is no one who can touch Rory but my fav at the moment - Beef - just plays with a big beaming smile

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is his short game really that good?
The commentators seem to cream them selves EVERY time he as a wedge in his hand.

In my opinion yes. And I thought the thread was about individual preferences? All time it would be Seve. A golfing unique golfing genius. To complete a top three it would be Trevino as I loved his back story and the fact he never seemed to hit a straight shot (or so it seemed on the old coverage) and the way he talked to the ball and crowds

D

Deleted member 1147

It’s about who you like watching the most, and I was thinking current players

Pin-seeker

Visit site
In my opinion yes. And I thought the thread was about individual preferences? All time it would be Seve. A golfing unique golfing genius. To complete a top three it would be Trevino as I loved his back story and the fact he never seemed to hit a straight shot (or so it seemed on the old coverage) and the way he talked to the ball and crowds

Sorry Homer,I was only asking a question.