Favourite hole you've played and why?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
16 and 18 at Hawick are pretty memorable. You spend half a day getting to the top of a hill and just two coming down. But, it is probably the 6th at Eyemouth. I still have the photographs of one of my PP's climbing down the cliff, only to discover that the ball he could see wasn't his.

D

Deleted member 3432

I love walking onto the 9th tee at Silloth on a sunny day. Always take a moment to look across to the Scottish hills and then the Lake District fells. Isle of Man can be seen on a good day.

Then to the task at hand working out which club is needed for the wind conditions of the day, could be any club in the bag and that's why I love the hole, everything a short par 3 should be.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
16 and 18 at Hawick are pretty memorable. You spend half a day getting to the top of a hill and just two coming down. But, it is probably the 6th at Eyemouth. I still have the photographs of one of my PP's climbing down the cliff, only to discover that the ball he could see wasn't his.

8th and 13th ain't bad either...

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I love walking onto the 9th tee at Silloth on a sunny day. Always take a moment to look across to the Scottish hills and then the Lake District fells. Isle of Man can be seen on a good day.

Then to the task at hand working out which club is needed for the wind conditions of the day, could be any club in the bag and that's why I love the hole, everything a short par 3 should be.

Thats the one just before the short par 4 dogleg left?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
16 & 17th at Sawgrass.
16 is a fantastic hole the tree on the fairway is enormous and you just can’t help having a peek at the 17 th green.
Wedge into 17th uphill putt for birdie and I left it on the lip.
But would take tap in par on any hole in the world.
What a place.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

I used to be a member at Silloth and have played everything from a sand iron to a 4 iron there.

Visit site
10th at St Enodoc sticks out for me.

Feels like you have nowhere to go when standing on the tee... trouble everywhere, the church in the background, it’s a cracker. But to hell with playing that hole with a scorecard in hand every week...

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of my favourite golf holes:

Royal County Down. Not the famed 9th, over the hill. Great hole, but I always preferred the 13th. 15th is a great hole too. The 13th tee shot is to a fairway with a hill/mound on the right and the fairway passes round it to the left. You can play up to the mound and have a blind second, or hit a longer tee shot down the left and have a view of the green. The green sits in a sheltered place but has a lot of movement on parts of it.

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
6th at Eyemouth just edges out the 13th at Eyemouth. The adrenaline rush at just getting the ball over off whites is never to be forgotten. Made a 4 after missing a tiddly little putt. At the 13th made a par 5 off whites, so it's a damn close call.

Honorable mentions to :-

14th at Heaton Park (maybe 15th now)
9th at Fleetwood
5th and 8th at Westwood
10th (or is it 9th) at St Annes old links.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Dornoch is amazing,

Similarly i could pick nearly any hole on the Hotchkins, I really liked the 17th with the slopes around the green and the do or die bunkers!!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
9th at Heritage GC A short par 4 (even drivable for the biggest hitters) Raised tee area with water down both sides & the fairway narrowing to the green with bunkers left & right & some good slopes on the green, I could play it all day

HGC-Aerial-View-6.jpg