FAO Whisky Drinkers

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
back in the day, having on an occasion indulged not wisely and decidedly too well, I was unable even to stand the smell of whisky.

some years later, one winter I found myself in Norway and invited to a Noggies house. Being a gracious host he brought out a bottle of 12-year old Chivas Regal. Now I do not where this stands in the lexicon of the knowledgable fraternity but I did have an idea of what it had cost (Cutty Sark was £22 in the state shops then). It would have been churlish to refuse, and found it most pleasing.

now it so happened that at that time, we, the FAA, had (may still have) the cheapest bar in the Artic Circle (named Milliways for obvious reasons). beer was 30p a pint (nearer £2.50 /half-litre in town), white spirits 10p, brown 30p; the better quality (Woods100, Glenlivet, GlenMoranje and, I think, Talisker(?)) 40p - oh that's a double by the way, we couldn't be bothered with small measures. what fun I had retraining my taste buds.

I still enjoy the odd dram, though (and it may be heinous to say) I prefer Jameson's. Though I do recall one from days long gone called 'Old Smokey'.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Re Mixers

water and Ice are the only mixers that should be allowed

the minute you put Tescos Low calorie dry ginger in it, you may as well buy Tesco own brand blended stuff as you wont be able to tell the difference.

I know these things