Faldo - who is your golfing hero?

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to enjoy watching Faldo, Seve, and Norman, but when I got into playing golf, I have followed Westwood and always enjoyed seeing him play, then Luke Donald, he just made the game look easy, when he was playing well, his game was just great to watch.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Faldo for me too, although from a different time to rest of you.

Augusta 1996 was the first tournament a really watched start to finish and it was engrossing and as a 9 year old seeing a Brit win in such a dramatic final round really inspired me.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Never had a hero that inspired me to take the game up. I was inspired by the game really. A game that would allow me to play competitively for a long time did it for me! As soon as I had to give football up, golf was the natural thing.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Tony Jacklin winning the Open was the first time I took any interest in golf. Seem to remember when he won then US Open he left the cheque in his golf trousers and his wife put them through the washing machine.:eek:

My favourite player when I started playing was Johnny Miller. Between 1973 and 1976 he was probably the best player in the world. He would win in the US by huge margins, and seemed to be able to hit his irons straight at every pin. Lots of leg movement, and always seemed to lose his balance on the follow through. Now I know where I copied that from.:eek:

Never a fan of big Jack in those days as he was always the man to beat. Seve replaced Miller as my favourite golfer.