Fake Taylormade r7 Superquad from American Golf!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I totally understand your reaction and to be clear I do not condone people trying to get something for nothing. What I do think is necessary though is that if you have miss sold something I e made a mistake then that should be accounted for. I do not think that you can take into account how far someone lives from your store or if they have taken time off work, that is not the criteria in my opinion, you have not asked them to do that.

What has happened here is that the customer (OP) has been sold a fake item and before that happened one of the AG staff has bought a fake, A couple of errors there. AG have then had to send the club away for however long it was and our OP has been without a driver for that time, after all the waiting around they have come back to him and said they will give him what he has spent.

AG could compensate him at no cost to themselves after a few embarrassing errors and having to send the club back to have it verified, again embracing and time consuming. Mess a customer around and they should be looked after by you if you want them to come back in my opinion. There is far far too little customer service in this country now!! Far too little!

Totally agree with the lack of decent service in the UK

The thing that could've been done better was to offer loan club from second hand stock while authentication carried out & secondly (& within reason) to explain how the error occurred and what steps will be taken to minimise the chances of a re-occurrence

The subsequent credit/refund with a genuine apology is the minimum and the above steps would be the little extra

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Alex, what is the compensation that 'you' think is appropriate? Personally I can't see anything that has 'no cost to themselves'.

To me they have done everything they needed to do and I would of thought most people would be happy with the customer service they have provided.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
For what its worth I blame the 'manufacturers' for all the fake goods out there...

Once they 'got into bed' with the Chinese and moved much of their manufacturing there it was pretty ruddy obvious what was gonna happen... And it has!

A

Alex1975

Alex, what is the compensation that 'you' think is appropriate? Personally I can't see anything that has 'no cost to themselves'.

To me they have done everything they needed to do and I would of thought most people would be happy with the customer service they have provided.

I am not sure if it says in the OP what he paid for the club but let’s say it cost him £80.. If I were the manager of that AG I would be offering him £100 to spend in the store. He would then have come back onto the forum and been over the moon that although he has been somewhat messed about by AGs errors they have really looked after him in the end. They would not lose money on that as that or something near that will be there profit margin.

Gone to store, fallen in love with driver, talked one’s self into buying, leave like a giddy school girl, get home to find you have a fake, heart ache or trying to get some clarification so that when questioned at AG you have a footing, get clarification of sorts, go back to store, go thought whole story, wait while they send it away… yep, If I am the manager I am thinking that my customer needs £20 extra credit, I am hoping that £20 credit makes me feel a little better that one of my staff bought a fake and that another one of them sold a fake and that my customer has been messed about and I want him to come back.

Neil20

Club Champion
Visit site
Can easily give the £80 (or whatever) at "trade/cost price value" in those situations, so they don't lose out and the buyer gets a nice deal. Given that they were breaking the law and OP chose to be not an a-hole about it.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that how you think society should work? ;)

Society?

Society isn't involved. A retail store which believes (wrongly, in my opinion) that it is an expert in the supply of golf clubs has sold a customer a fake, and in doing so it has committed an offence under the Sale of Goods Act and shown itself to be negligent. I think it should therefore make more than just simple amends as if the club broke shortly after purchase. Giving a full refund and a crawling apology is the very least they can do, and any decent store would do more.

So I think AG needs to do more than just offer store credit for the purchase price. Feel free to disagree.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
For what its worth I blame the 'manufacturers' for all the fake goods out there...

Once they 'got into bed' with the Chinese and moved much of their manufacturing there it was pretty ruddy obvious what was gonna happen... And it has!

Seriously? Because no western country has ever produced any fakes?

Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt...........

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Agree that it could be looked at in relation to the description or 'goods as described' as referenced in the sale of goods act but as yet we don't actually have enough information on how the goods were described! & although selling counterfeit goods is in itself against the law, I wouldn't have thought the information in the thread is enough to start posting on a public forum that a national retailer was breaking the law

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Form the information available AG sold a driver that turned out to be counterfeit, this in itself is against the law. There is no "I didn't realise". Responsibility to ensure goods are genuine before being sold falls with the seller of the goods.
If AG bought that in or accepted it as part exchange then they become liable for the goods if they did not question or refuse from the original seller. They could have pursued the original seller up to the point where they then sold it on, now assuming the responsibility. If the OP wanted to pursue it, he would be within his rights to do so.

Just asked one of the guys in the office who is well versed on retail and the laws.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
if you are not happy with the service AG has given, i would go over the stores head and speak to their HQ.

slightly diff but i got £200 worth of AG vouchers from the mag for a review. I didn't have anything i needed so ordered a pair of black and white wing tip my joy Icons though them. Was told 6 to 8 weeks for del. eight weeks pass to ring the shop and new on the shoes as i wanted them for my trip to Carnoustie. told by the shop they would be there anyday, so left it another two weeks went in the manager of the shop could not be any less interested and said begrudgingly he would ring FJ and call me back before close that night. No call or one the next day, so just rang their HQ, the guy got straight onto it and explained that the order had been cancelled by mistake 8 weeks before, but would get them to me asap.
two weeks later they arrived and he posted a £30 voucher for the trouble.

Resc the whole sorry business just by ringing hQ

Olivavu

Club Champion
Visit site
They gave me £50 store credit, which is what I paid for the club.

So I got a new trolly.

I'd already replaced the driver with the authentic model.

They didn't do it on purpose and were fine about sorting it out, so I am fine with the outcome.

I have a shiny new trolley and a full set of clubs. Not loss for me.