F1 2022

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Mazepin has shown through his off track behaviour that he's a despicable entitled child.
And compared to the rest of the field, yes he is seriously untalented.

But let's keep a sense of perspective. As a racing driver he is almost certainly far, far better than any of us on here. I bet if any of us jumped in a F1 car we'd seriously embarrass ourselves. The one time I drove a single seater with slicks and wings (FF2000), it was psychologically impossible to corner it fast enough to remotely approach it's capabilities.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Mazepin has shown through his off track behaviour that he's a despicable entitled child.
And compared to the rest of the field, yes he is seriously untalented.

But let's keep a sense of perspective. As a racing driver he is almost certainly far, far better than any of us on here. I bet if any of us jumped in a F1 car we'd seriously embarrass ourselves. The one time I drove a single seater with slicks and wings (FF2000), it was psychologically impossible to corner it fast enough to remotely approach it's capabilities.
Just like mazepin.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Talk me through his debut race.
Nobody here is suggesting that Mazepin deserves to be in F1.
But the way you post gives the impression you think he's completely without any kind of ability whatsoever - that's where I disagree with you.

OK, so in his debut race Mazepin spun off and crashed at turn 3.
Are you forgetting that Schumacher also managed to spin off? Is he too without talent?
Or does the fact that Schumacher managed to avoid the barrier while Mazepin didn't make the difference between them night & day?

I'm just asking people to keep a sense of perspective.

Jason.H

Visit site
Lance Stroll wouldn’t be there without his dads bank account. F1 moves very fast soon Mazepin will be forgotten. The fact that he’s been there this long is credit to him.

Jason.H

Visit site
Look back to Maldonado, he was bankrolled by Venezuela. Whilst the country’s economy was in free fall. At least he got there by winning GP2 and went on to win a F1 race in not the best of cars.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
There are very few drivers in any top level motorsport that don’t have some serious financial backing. There are also quite a few trading on their family name.

In F1 there are more drivers paying for a seat than not. Even the likes of Alsono and Perez.

Someone like Callum Ilott was much better than a number of the current F1 grid. He simply doesn’t have the backing to fund a seat.

Jamie Chadwick can’t get a seat in F3 because she doesn’t have a spare £1 million to pay for it.

Top level karting will drain your wallet to the tune of £150k a season.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Nobody here is suggesting that Mazepin deserves to be in F1.
But the way you post gives the impression you think he's completely without any kind of ability whatsoever - that's where I disagree with you.

OK, so in his debut race Mazepin spun off and crashed at turn 3.
Are you forgetting that Schumacher also managed to spin off? Is he too without talent?
Or does the fact that Schumacher managed to avoid the barrier while Mazepin didn't make the difference between them night & day?

I'm just asking people to keep a sense of perspective.
How many times did mazepin out qualify Schumacher?
How many times did he finish ahead of Schumacher?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
How many times did mazepin out qualify Schumacher?
How many times did he finish ahead of Schumacher?
As a general rule I'm a calm and polite guy, but you're starting to irritate me.
Have you actually read what I've written and made any kind of attempt to understand it?

Let me ask you a couple of questions:
1. Do you actually believe Mazepin has no talent whatsoever - because that's how your postings come across?
2. How do you think you'd perform against Mazepin in an F1 car?

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
As a general rule I'm a calm and polite guy, but you're starting to irritate me.
Have you actually read what I've written and made any kind of attempt to understand it?

Let me ask you a couple of questions:
1. Do you actually believe Mazepin has no talent whatsoever - because that's how your postings come across?
2. How do you think you'd perform against Mazepin in an F1 car?
1 yes talentless rich kid.
2 stupid whatifery

Can you give me examples of his talent?

I can show you plenty of his crappiness

Do you work for Uralkali or something?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
2 stupid whatifery

There is no doubt that Mazepin's talent as a racing driver is way below everyone else on the F1 grid.

But an example that he has some degree of ability is that he can sometimes actually keep an F1 car on the circuit.
Something you & I wouldn't be capable of.

(And of course I have no connection to Uralkali - nor any other Russian organisation or person).

Your refusal to answer my second question says it all.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
There is no doubt that Mazepin's talent as a racing driver is way below everyone else on the F1 grid.

But an example that he has some degree of ability is that he can sometimes actually keep an F1 car on the circuit.
Something you & I wouldn't be capable of.

(And of course I have no connection to Uralkali - nor any other Russian organisation or person).

Your refusal to answer my second question says it all.

I can't answer your question because it's stupid.

But here's mazepin keeping it on the track.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
2 stupid whatifery

Despite your ranting, he’s far more talented a driver than 99% of everyone else competing in motorsport.

Yes he has been put through based on his Dad’s wealth, yes he appears to be a tit. But to say he is talentless is comical.

Your main issue seems to be rich people spending money on their kids. Why is that?

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Despite your ranting, he’s far more talented a driver than 99% of everyone else competing in motorsport.

Yes he has been put through based on his Dad’s wealth, yes he appears to be a tit. But to say he is talentless is comical.

Your main issue seems to be rich people spending money on their kids. Why is that?
Who's ranting, what an odd thing to say.

More talented than 99% than everyone else in Motorsport?

The best comparison would be with his teammate as they have the same car and resources.
How did he fair against him?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So Christian Horner has now come out and said that no rules were broken and MV won the championship fairly. ?‍♂️ Is he actually that blinkered/deluded or is he just unhappy his puppet Masi isn't there to help him out any more and if they want to win another championship they will actually have to do it fairly?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So Christian Horner has now come out and said that no rules were broken and MV won the championship fairly. ?‍♂️ Is he actually that blinkered/deluded or is he just unhappy his puppet Masi isn't there to help him out any more and if they want to win another championship they will actually have to do it fairly?
Er...What rule/s was/were broken? Are you suggesting Masi cheated/was corrupt?