F1 2022

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Pick your two front rows on the grid next week and what happens at the first corner :)
Hamilton, Russell, Verstappen, Vettel and Vettel shoves Max into the gravel. :ROFLMAO:

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
They did put two models through the crash simulations, and one of those was a radical sidepod solution… it said at the time that it had failed and they weren’t going to do any more development on it. Maybe they’ve managed to get round this and will have that new sidepod in place.
I hope they aren’t a second faster though, that will suck majorly if one team just blows everyone away.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
There's no way they will be coming with no side pods. Where would the side impact protection be?

I hope Merc continue to smash it personally, particularly after the unjust outcome of last season, but if they do, it won't be as a consequence of no side pods!

Do the side pods contain any crash protection? I thought that the safety cell was just the tub.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's no way they will be coming with no side pods. Where would the side impact protection be?

I hope Merc continue to smash it personally, particularly after the unjust outcome of last season, but if they do, it won't be as a consequence of no side pods!

you mean like this?

AE9453A1-D4E8-49F1-8933-DF3B86A8AA99.jpeg

9CFBB6C4-6F98-4883-A6DF-DA05C4B24305.jpeg

B494E3A2-A0D3-4E77-80DA-A0A561258072.jpeg

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The Mercedes looks crazy on the track.

Horner has already committed that the Mercedes is not within the spirit or the regs ?

Swango1980

Visit site

Horner has already committed that the Mercedes is not within the spirit or the regs ?
Horner spends more time talking about other teams than he does Red Bull. Well, specifically the teams that are beating or challenging his team. Strange that.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site

Bit of a row back from RBR on those comments, Horner basically denying he said it, and hasn’t had time to look at Merc.
To be fair to RBR and the other teams, if 9 teams turn up with a certain look and approach to an area of the car and 1 team is DRASTICALLY different then the FIA should be expected to look at it and clarify.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've no time for Mercedes or Red Bull as they both spent most of their time throwing their toys out of their prams. But you cannot trust Christian Horner's judgement on anything after he married Ginger Spice.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've no time for Mercedes or Red Bull as they both spent most of their time throwing their toys out of their prams. But you cannot trust Christian Horner's judgement on anything after he married Ginger Spice.
Interesting perception. From my angle, Mercedes rarely seem to come out and criticise other teams so publicly. I may be wrong, but it always appears when they do get involved in anything, it is only as a reaction to Red Bull starting the war of words. Even then, Mercedes don't seem to bite too often. Yes, they were very public about their discontent after the season finale, however most of us in here understand why that was.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
From BBC Sport - "BBC Sport understands the FIA has looked at the Mercedes design and given it the all-clear. And it seems the FIA has also run it in CFD analysis and found it did not worsen the car’s wake - which is Brawn’s key concern with the regs, in terms of disrupting airflow for following cars. "

Doesn't stop protests or things changing of course. Remember the X wings from a few years ago. Within the rules, but the rules changed, primarily because Bernie thought they looked wrong.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
F1 has always been about innovation - Brabham's fan car in 1978, ground effects, the Lotus two-chassis car etc. Now it seems harder and harder to do anything clever and innovative.
But I will go with any rule that pisses Horner off or stops that nob Hamilton winning.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
F1 has always been about innovation - Brabham's fan car in 1978, ground effects, the Lotus two-chassis car etc. Now it seems harder and harder to do anything clever and innovative.
But I will go with any rule that pisses Horner off or stops that nob Hamilton winning.

as it stands, you are going to be annoyed in some way. Either Hamilton will win and piss Horner off.

or Horner is happy and Hamilton loses.