F1 2021

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm stunned. First time I've really wanted to watch a F1 race from start to finish - never again. It's a joke of a sport.
Yes it’s why I stopped watching, DRS and engine rules have ruined it . The brutal honesty is the same guy and team winning frequently doesn’t make it a sport.
They will argue this race to death .. didn’t like Toto’s radio messages and the race controls was in a horrible position.. did they want to have a wet firework finish behind the safety cars? I think Mercedes’ missed a pit stop and that opened opportunities.. Perez did a good job at holding Hamilton up, but the Mercedes is the fastest car.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How Max has managed to win that I don't know but he should never complain about the stewards and luck ever again!

Not being punished appropriately for his appalling driving last week.

The FIA gifting it to him today, Hamilton was a sitting duck.

I’ve lost a lot of respect for the integrity of F1 here. Just giving fans what they want rather than doing what is right.

What a shame.

Not verstappen’s fault, a worthy winner of the championship, but joke circumstances.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well the FIA got what they wanted. Everything they have done in relation to this year is to ensure the Merc and LH didn't win.
In that they succeeded, but don't they look stupid.

Swango1980

Visit site
So, the officials say lapped cars will NOT be let through before restart. I could understand that, as there didn't seem to be time to do so. So it was either that, or not restart race.

Then Red Bull whinge yet again, and FIA change their mind. However, they ONLY let the lapped cars between Lewis and Max go. Not any behind Max. How does that work?

It seems clear the FIA manufactured it simply to get Max directly behind Lewis, and Lewis was a sitting duck due to the tyres.

A truly horrific end to the season. Fair play to Lewis and his reaction, but the officials in F1 have been an absolute disaster.