Extras you would like in your car

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not always…this was the damage to my wheel when I hit a verge at 11pm on Boxing Day in West Cumbria…

View attachment 48790

An easy fix with a spare. Instead it (and us) had to be recovered and taken to Carlisle. Didn’t get it back for 3 months.

Edit. That’s why I bought the spare for our holiday in France.
Driving too fast for the conditions perhaps?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Driving too fast for the conditions perhaps?
Seems like it..

It was snowing heavily as I came over a blind brow of a hill, I was confronted with about 4 stationary cars in the left hand lane…The police had closed the road as another car had spun off. I swerved into the empty right hand lane and stood on the brake which had zero effect as I just started sliding. I slid past the stationary vehicles heading directly towards 3 police officers who were getting the driver of the spun out car out his car and onto the central reservation.
Once I was past the front car I swerved to the left to miss them, then I tried to swerve back to avoid the field entrance but couldn’t manage it and hit the verge.

The Sargent trotted over to see if we were all ok then breathalysed me.😕

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I see. I can buy a unit which is plug and play, no coding required, but it looks a bit tricky getting the RNS unit out, so I need to factor that into the cost.

It’s certainly something I might look at as it’s a real irritation that my car doesn’t have it.
Don't know about a Toureg, but seeing as it's VAG, my Audi 2015 didn't have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay so I found an internet resource and upgraded my car for free. 👍

Last edited:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Regarding OP, ceramic brakes would be lovely as continually cleaning off brake dust is a pain (first world car detailing problems 😉)

Auto-boot close from inside the car. Currently I can open but not close. This can be coded in though apparently.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't know about a Toureg, but seeing as it's VAG, my Audi 2015 didn't have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay so I found an intranet resource and upgraded my car for free. 👍
Does that mean you found an online hack? Was it hard? Do you need much tech knowledge to be able to do it?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does that mean you found an online hack? Was it hard? Do you need much tech knowledge to be able to do it?
I'd call it an online resource 😉 and not a hack. Was it hard? No, not really, just downloading the right file for your car to the PC, then to an SD card and it was done in 1hr. Of course, each car is different and if you muck up then you'll need to seek help to fix!! I did it myself as I saw third party guys charging 200 notes for something that you can obtain free on the Internet. My car allows SD updates, others maybe different.

I also did the same for latest maps - free upgrade as Audi wanted 600...😬