Extras you would like in your car

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A power socket in the boot for charging stuff.
Squishy bumpers
Indoor roof storage for sunglasses, masks, zip ties etc
2 extra horns. One polite one to let people know I'm there and one not so polite railway engine to 'gently' request people get off the road. Could be used when you encounter protestors and aforementioned zip ties :whistle:

:whistle:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
On my particular car th options I wish were ticked.

Comfort seats
Head up display and digital dash
M breaks
Shadow pack
4 zone climate and heated rear seats

Things I would like that weren’t options
At least another 100hp
Better speakers and or acoustics
Normal suspension on the back rather than the self levelling air suspension it comes with

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Electric boot release and closure (don't knock it until you've had it)
Android Auto connection
LED headlights
Heated front windscreen
Electric front seat setting, with ability to save those settings for different drivers

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Automatic - after the last car I said I was never buying a manual again... but obviously I did.

Android-auto would be decent (apparently standard on the facelifted version of my car that came out 3 months after mine).

Powered tailgate and reversing camera would be my others.

Adaptive cruise control - had it on my Golf GTD and absolutely loved it on my commute from Manchester to Preston. Probably the thing I miss most about that car.

My current car is not sexy but it's cavernous and absolutely perfect for a young family. Also great for golf days out with 4 trolleys and 4 golf bags going into the boot with relative ease.

Unbelievably comfortable motorway cruiser as well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My current car is not sexy but it's cavernous and absolutely perfect for a young family. Also great for golf days out with 4 trolleys and 4 golf bags going into the boot with relative ease.

Unbelievably comfortable motorway cruiser as well.
What is it? My ears always prick up at, great for golf gear and unbelievably comfortable motorway cruise :LOL:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Mazda 3 has everything I want including a very smooth old school auto box.

My VW Transporter could do with a DSG gearbox. Not because it is manual, but because it and a drive shaft have gone but VW financial services who operate the extended warranty deem that to be wear and tear at under 100k miles.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A widget to display car park tickets.
Had Skodas in the past that had a clear plastic sprung clip that was just for holding your pay and display ticket against the windscreen.
With pay by phone parking being the norm now, that would be more or less redundant.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had Skodas in the past that had a clear plastic sprung clip that was just for holding your pay and display ticket against the windscreen.
With pay by phone parking being the norm now, that would be more or less redundant.
Wife keeps her East Lothian annual beach parking pass there. Great idea from Skoda.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the 340, I'd like to have ticked the electric memory seats box and the comfort access box to have gotten the electric boot lid. Other than that, it has multiple toys and features.

On the 840, it came with everything standard other than the BOSE sound system which I didn't like anyway. I think the only thing I "upgraded" was I wanted black alloys at £350.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
On my particular car th options I wish were ticked.

Comfort seats
Head up display and digital dash
M breaks
Shadow pack
4 zone climate and heated rear seats

Things I would like that weren’t options
At least another 100hp
Better speakers and or acoustics
Normal suspension on the back rather than the self levelling air suspension it comes with
HUD is just genius (after me saying it was a gimmick and I wouldn't use it when I got the 340 and now won't not have it), I recently added the camera detection facility and it just pops up in the HUD when 1Km away from the camera.

4 Zone climate is also really handy, when my son is in the back complaining it's either too hot or too cold, he just gets told "adjust it then, you have the controls". So much so he hates the 340 as it doesn't have it!

Seats wise, the 8 series has the big comfort "armchair" type seats, but I have to say I prefer the standard sports seats of the 340. Just feel more secure.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
What is it? My ears always prick up at, great for golf gear and unbelievably comfortable motorway cruise :LOL:

Ford S-Max. Trick is to load the trolleys along the boot floor (wheels off on the electric ones) and then stack the bags across the top where the loadspace widens above the wheel arches.

The long wheelbase and non low pro tyres take care of the motorway cruise aspect.