Extras you would like in your car

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I really wish my Touareg had Apple Play. I can’t believe it doesn’t given what the car cost 😳

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Seats wise, the 8 series has the big comfort "armchair" type seats, but I have to say I prefer the standard sports seats of the 340. Just feel more secure.
My seats don’t even have adjustable lumbar support. Not something I thought to check as I wrongly presumed a 535 would come with them as standard. You live and learn.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
My seats don’t even have adjustable lumbar support. Not something I thought to check as I wrongly presumed a 535 would come with them as standard. You live and learn.
That is odd. The current 535 (my mistake, it's now the 540) comes almost at the same level as the 8er.

The 340 at least has the 4 way adjustable lumbar.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
A Spare wheel!
In the boot.

Normally can find space for them if your that bothered to have one.

Tbh it is a faff… I bought one, a space saver type and a Jack, wheel brace and a retaining bolt to stop it slipping about. It goes under the boot liner…there is another thing that looks like the parcel shelf but is twice the size. This needs taking out and storing. Then in the space where you need to put the spare is a large piece of polystyrene that has your wheel repair tackle imbedded into it. This needs removing and storing safely.
Then you have space for you spare. Like I say, a real faff.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A Spare wheel!

Tbh it is a faff… I bought one, a space saver type and a Jack, wheel brace and a retaining bolt to stop it slipping about. It goes under the boot liner…there is another thing that looks like the parcel shelf but is twice the size. This needs taking out and storing. Then in the space where you need to put the spare is a large piece of polystyrene that has your wheel repair tackle imbedded into it. This needs removing and storing safely.
Then you have space for you spare. Like I say, a real faff.

That's why they invented the cans, not perfect by any means but a quick fix

RichA

Visit site
That's why they invented the cans, not perfect by any means but a quick fix.
It's reassuring to know that there's a full size spare wheel in a specifically designed storage area if you regularly make long journeys. I understand why they're less common on modern cars but space-savers, runflats and temporary repair foam have screwed enough late-night or Sunday journeys home for me to know my next car will have a full sized spare.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's reassuring to know that there's a full size spare wheel in a specifically designed storage area if you regularly make long journeys. I understand why they're less common on modern cars but space-savers, runflats and temporary repair foam have screwed enough late-night or Sunday journeys home for me to know my next car will have a full sized spare.

Do they even do them as an option anymore? I remember my auris was last car I had with one and that was a 11 plate I think

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
That's why they invented the cans, not perfect by any means but a quick fix
Not always…this was the damage to my wheel when I hit a verge at 11pm on Boxing Day in West Cumbria…

IMG_0142.jpeg

An easy fix with a spare. Instead it (and us) had to be recovered and taken to Carlisle. Didn’t get it back for 3 months.

Edit. That’s why I bought the spare for our holiday in France.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not always…this was the damage to my wheel when I hit a verge at 11pm on Boxing Day in West Cumbria…

View attachment 48790

An easy fix with a spare. Instead it (and us) had to be recovered and taken to Carlisle. Didn’t get it back for 3 months.

Edit. That’s why I bought the spare for our holiday in France.

It's a numbers game isn't it, how often would you need a full sized spare compared to a can

AAC

Visit site
Had Skodas in the past that had a clear plastic sprung clip that was just for holding your pay and display ticket against the windscreen.
With pay by phone parking being the norm now, that would be more or less redundant.
Both of the family Volvo's have them, best accessory on a car bar none, sadly my Jaguar does not have one.