Experts Swing Check

NeilPlimmer25

Club Champion
Visit site
alphalogan

Welcome to this wonderful game

For every beginner I coach I ALWAYS start my lessons with the short game.
Learn from the hole backwards. This will give you the most enjoyment with the least amount of work, thus enabling you to get out and learn the game on the golf course

"Learn to Play - Play to Learn"

If you have more lessons, my advice would be to have them out on the golf course. This way improving your performance, shot selection, short game, mental game and not necassarily working on technique.

Learn the following things in this order
Putting - distance control - holing out inside 5ft
Chipping - vary shot/club selection - distance control
Pitching - hitting underneath the ball and controling distance (this will also help with your longer/bigger swing with other clubs)
Bunkers - learn how to get out of them early and they will NEVER be a problem for as long as you play
Short/Medium irons - make sure you can hit the ball in the air (higher than you) and forwards every time. Your bad shots will always be scuffed/duffed/topped, hit it higher tha yourself everytime and you will be happy golfer.
Longer irons/woods - Alignment and balance are the number one and two priorities to develop awareness off when playing on th golf course.

As far as the swing that you have posted is concerned
GOOD JOB
At this stage in your development I am looking for nice smooth motion and balance
If you improve on the balance during the whole of your swing, especially the follow through, your shots will improve. The most important position in any beginners swing for me is the follow through.

Finish well and more often than not you will hit it well.
Try and finish with the club over your left shoulder with your weight completely off your right side holding the follow through position until the ball lands
Sounds easy?
Get out on the golf course and try and do it on every full swing!

Look forward to hearing how you get on

Neil Plimmer

ajdstrider

Visit site
where are te "top 25 coaches" who are advertised in mag as available to comment, or is it all a ruse to get people to sign up to the forum