Expert Advice Needed!! Mizuno MP52

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello expert,

I have been offered a set of Mizuno MP52 with standard shaft, loft and lies for just £200, 1 year old very good condition.

I am myself of average height (5'10") and build. playing golf since I was young but only seriously since March.

I have an average to good swing (pro says single figures within 2 years from current hdcp of 15).

My main problem is inconsistency but my pro is currently fixing that with a series of lessons.

I currently play with a 10 year old set of powerbilt grand slam irons of which the heads are in acceptable to used condition.

Is this too good to refuse or will the benefits of changing to these clubs be outweighed by their suitability for the better players only?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very good clubs and depending on their quality that could be a competitive price. Here are the prices from golfbidder as a guide although you should be able to pick them up cheaper with some digging

http://www.golfbidder.co.uk/models/3459/Mizuno_Iron_Set_MP-52.html

I like them and to be honest. Mizuno don't make bad clubs and if you can meet the pro's expectations about your handicap these will suit you as you come down and well into single figures

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
He he should have said this but forgot, they are in Lincolnshire and I am in Hampshire, they are at my uncles club. The pro is holding them for him and gave him a special discount as he spends lots of money in the pro shop (wins a lot of comps).

I cannot try them or see them and he needs to know if I want them by next week!!! He plays off 5 has been playing golf for a long time so I trust it when he says they are in good condition.

3-pw set of MP-52s for 200, I do not think I can resist unless I am convinced out of it! Really wish I could hit them first tho. I have hit some mizuno MP-6* or something like that which look very similar and loved them so I am sure I will like the mp52s

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
worst case scenario is if you dont get on with them you should be able to sell them on again in a month or two and get most of what you paid back

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mizuno are arguably, ARGUABLY, the best iron makers out there. So if i were i'd go for it and as fundy says worst case scenario is a slight loss. Oh and they look lush.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
The clubs are up in Grimsby atm.

I think u guys have convinced me, especially bobmacs expert advice on the matter. I will let him know I want them tomorrow and I hope to see them the next time he comes down this way in his lorry.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have got a set, and yes they are forgiving and suitable for mid handicap. Buy them and if you don't get on with them, flog them on ebay. Sure you will get you money back. Easily the best irons i tried before buying, and very long.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just two words.......

Buy them!

Thanks again for all the expert advice!

They are bought, should see them here before Xmas, not too bothered as I will not be able to do much with them until the new year anyway.