Evnroll Putters

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
I am after some user feedback on these putters high end price point and haven't seen anyone game one on the course.

Has another chosen an Evnroll Putter over a Scotty and if so why?.

Thanks
Ryan

D

Deleted member 1740

I changed from a futura x5 to a bladed Evnroll er2.

i did try a similar scotty but the data on the sam lab and the strikes felt better with the Evnroll.

My advoce would be to try both on a sam lab or equivalent.

Depending on your loction i would recomend clarkes golf centre in rainford.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have an ER6 love it.

Not sure where you are, I went to Walton Heath as Simon the pro had them all to try. Lent me half a dozen and some balls and let me try them out on their putting green at my leisure.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve got an Evnroll ER5 and a Scotty Cameron Square Back. I switched between before, but now I’ve gone purely for the Evnroll. It take a little bit of getting used to the slightly different noise but when you do it’s really consistent.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I changed from scotty Kombi to er8 mallet.
It takes a bit of getting used to but it is a lovely putter.
Need to hit it a bit harder than the scotty because of the grooves .
Once you get used to it they are great to put with and has defo improved my pace.
Fitting is a must so find your nearest fitter.

I know AG are selling them now but go to one with a Sam put lab.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I changed from scotty Kombi to er8 mallet.
It takes a bit of getting used to but it is a lovely putter.
Need to hit it a bit harder than the scotty because of the grooves .
Once you get used to it they are great to put with and has defo improved my pace.
Fitting is a must so find your nearest fitter.

I know AG are selling them now but go to one with a Sam put lab.

This is so true!

I toyed with an ER 8 at Mottram Hall and as qwerty and LQ will testify, didnt enjoy the experience. It was the first time i had every used it, right out of the wrapper and on to the course, not like me to be sensible, but it is a very different feel to the scotty. I would try both and see how you feel.
If is lovely looking and is lovely and heavy, but i just didnt get the feel. Saying that i am going to keep it and may try it again one day.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is so true!

I toyed with an ER 8 at Mottram Hall and as qwerty and LQ will testify, didnt enjoy the experience. It was the first time i had every used it, right out of the wrapper and on to the course, not like me to be sensible, but it is a very different feel to the scotty. I would try both and see how you feel.
If is lovely looking and is lovely and heavy, but i just didnt get the feel. Saying that i am going to keep it and may try it again one day.

Please try it next time you play me 😉

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
It’s very easy to focus on a particular brand.
I recently had a putter fitting, was initially looking at the Cure range,
Tried evnroll, very nice they are too,
But I settled on a SeeMore giant , big putter but gets a great roll going.

So look at other options and see what works 👍

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s very easy to focus on a particular brand.
I recently had a putter fitting, was initially looking at the Cure range,
Tried evnroll, very nice they are too,
But I settled on a SeeMore giant , big putter but gets a great roll going.

So look at other options and see what works 👍

Phil

Look on the bright side if the big putter doesn't work you can always give Ian a slap with it :whoo:

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I changed from a Scotty California Del Mar to an Evnroll ER5.
I loved the Scotty but when I paused for thought after using it for a few years I couldn’t remember when I last sank a decent length putt with it. The real shot savers IMHO are those 8’ - 12’ putts. If you can sink those it saves you a lot of shots. The Scotty was a great 2 putt stick, but there weren’t many one putts made.
I read about Evnroll so I was keen to give them a try. Scott Connor at Wiltshire has them and also fits using a Sam Putting Lab so I booked a fitting. The ER5 was not my first choice but it gave me by far the best results. Analysis showed I was striking putts from all over the face with the Scotty, but the Evnroll was solid and I was striking it off the Centre pretty much all the time. To be fair Scott said I would benefit from a similar mallet from any range but the Evnroll felt so nice I went with that.
Having played all last season with it I can say I love it. I like the groove pattern which keeps the roll consistent and as skid free as possible. The oversize grip is superb and irons out all kinds of grip issues I had and quite simply I make more putts. This may be partly due to some tips Scott gave me but there is no doubt the putter just suits me well.
Putters are very personal things. Try as many as you can before you buy and make sure you get fitted. Don’t get hung up on a brand or even a model within a brand, get hung up on making putts. However I would advise not buying until you have tried an Evnroll. Take notice of the roll it imparts and how the length of the putt remains the same on off centre strikes. I think you will be very impressed.

D

Deleted member 17920

This is so true!

Please try it next time you play me 
Karl may moan but he did hole 2 outrageous putts, one 50ft and one 40ft so it’s not as bad as he is making out :whistle: