Everyones out playing golf tonight - except me - and the soaps are on!

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Re: Everyones out playing golf tonight - except me - and the soaps are

Do not watch the Soaps. Your brain will shrink.

Instead, think about your game.

Had a lesson on Tuesday and here's a tip from my Pro:

Write down each of your clubs and how far each would go if hit perfectly with no wind.

Then, subtract 10% from the yardage for each club. This is your "Comfort" distance.

Use those comfort distances next time you play and see how you get on. As the pro said, if you hit the club perfectly, you'll probably still be on the green, up the back.

Worth thinking about.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

The Pub ,the garden with some wine or a few cold drinks and a book, a walk or a trip to the nearest range?

Don't give in to the soaps - an unremitting waste of human life.

Why would anyone want to 'import' more rows, deceits and all of the other tedious and unsavoury minutae of someone elses invented life into our own? I just don't get it.

When the best thing I can think to do with a warm May evening is watch 'stenders or corrie it's game over i'm afraid. Every minute spent watching this televisual baby food is a minute of your life you'll never get back.

In a former life I used to be involved in making this sort of stuff (TV Drama)and it's factory produced, low grade mulch. Just awful.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk

Nice suggestion SS2. However my garden ain't quite that big!!

BTW I don't watch the soaps, the wife watches all of them.

Just spent the last 20 minutes going over the Go-Kart web site. Seem like blimmin' good value to me, especially when compared to the 'established' brands.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site

shouldv'e been out playing like i was,or the players started at six watch that on the other telly.desperation always sees me find something to do when HID is watching the soaps.i am now posting on this forum while pretending to write a speech for my best mates wedding tommorow,will get round to it sometime tonight.

golfer1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sorry to rub it in, but i was out playing today.

First round of the singles match play. Got beat 3&2 (bad putting), but i didn't care because it's the first time this year that i haven't been wearing my water proofs.

As for what to do. It's nearly the weekend, so start think about how well your'e going to play.