Evening

StuR

www.pistonheads.com
Just another newbie saying hello sort of thread.

Recently started playing again, wasn't particularly great last time I played admittedly, but the bug has bitten very hard and I'm fast growing addicted to golf, playing as often as possible, and always finding myself eyeing up the next purchases much to the annoyance of the other half.

Bought a set of Wilson Deep Reds to get me started, and have since swapped out the driver for a Nike Sumo 460 and the 3 wood for a taylormade burner, those coupled with god knows how many hours spent at the driving range trying to iron out my swing and slice problems have been great in helping me improve my game, and of course the obligitory online video tips which see me looking like a madman standing in the garden waving clubs around at all sorts of hours.

Cars and motorbikes take up what little free time I've got left these days.

So that's about enough from me, just thought I'd stick my oar in and say hello!

Cheers,
Stu

B

birdieman

Welcome Stu from a fellow Stu.
Do you play out of a club yet?

StuR

www.pistonheads.com
Hi mate,

I'm not playing out of a club, hope to be at some stage but for now it's just a case of squeezing in some rounds and enjoying what I've found to be quite a steep learning curve.

I play in some form or another most days with a freind who's in the same boat and for who the bug has bitten equally as hard, so it's nice to have a playing partner at the same level.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Welcome-as a few others have stated get yourself a few lessons they will be worth it.

Enjoy the forum the members are a great bunch and are always ready to dish out advise and encouragement when needed.

StuR

www.pistonheads.com
Cheers for the welcome folks, cracking little forum you've got here :)

Lessons are on the cards, I'm hoping to get started on some in the next couple of weeks depending on work commitments, Think I'm getting somewhere with my swing, I was swaying a fair bit when I started but now I seem to have worked past that. Still room for improvement though without a doubt.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
hello, good evening and welcome.

Your golfing devlopment will certainly be kept on the straight and narrow by the more knowledgeable members of the forum. It is a good place to be.