Europa League

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Has anyone been watching this and in particular the 6 officials (I kid you not) there are now the four officials as normal and one at either end on the goal line. Apparently its part of Platinis idea for making sure decisions are correct and cheating is stopped. Seems farcical to me and video technology will tell you much more accurately than some conference over radio mics especially as play won't be stopped except for the usual stoppages (goal, foul, ball out of play). You could have an incident where the referee is asking the guy behind the goal, the linesman on the touchline and trying to keep up with a counter-attack to then go back for a decision. Platini is an idiot and he and Blatter should leave their meddling alone

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am with Homer on this. As a rugby fan, what is wrong with video replay, and why is two more officials better?

Oh, and well done the Everton. Solid win.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The tech must surely be available. It can't be that tricky can it? Can't they use a "Hawkeye" system ?

Bunch of know-nothing bozo's

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the first half of the Celtic game and left it when they were 1-0 up and in total control. Can't believe they went on to lose.
Other than that, everyone else did well.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I witnessed Rapid's 3:0 against Hamburg at the stadium. Great win & incredible atmosphere - as always with Rapid but especially when we beat a German team

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To all the Celtic fans, I wasn't aware they were playing so my apologies for that. Having watched them on the highlights they seemed to start OK and looked good value for a point until the last few minutes. Sorry for missing them out!

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I think the point that is being missed here is that although a very very good footballer in his day, Platini is a very very stupid man who shouldn't even be incharge of laceing his own shoes.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally think a lot of what Platini makes sense,

reducing countries clubs in the Champions League
Cup winners in the CL

Anything that stops the English dominance has to be a good thing ultimatley for the English league as it could make it more competative.