Estimating Clubhead Speed

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know of a reasonably accurate method for estimating driver clubhead speed based on the clubhead speed data for other clubs? I have Flightscope data for several irons and a hybrid from a gapping session, and would like to estimate my driver clubhead speed if possible.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a look a PGA tour averages and the work out the % difference. You’re will be fairly similar

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
According to both my calculations form other data, and the chart posted by Patrick (btw, where did you find it?), I swing my driver approx 95 MPH. Is this considered moderate or fast? I'm looking at all my equipment and trying to determine things like what ball I should be using (compression wise) and whether a different shaft in my driver would help with distance & dispersion.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
According to both my calculations form other data, and the chart posted by Patrick (btw, where did you find it?), I swing my driver approx 95 MPH. Is this considered moderate or fast? I'm looking at all my equipment and trying to determine things like what ball I should be using (compression wise) and whether a different shaft in my driver would help with distance & dispersion.
95mph is plenty fast enough unless you're planning on a career on the tour...
And, not wishing to be rude, but if the eqpt/hcap in your sig is accurate, fiddling with your equipment is unlikely to make a whole lot of difference. It's also plenty good enough...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
can't remember where that came from but had it on my comp for a while. as for you CHS i# wouldn't say fast (mine is similar) but i would say above avereage, as i'm sure i saw somewhere that av distance witha 7 iron was somthing like 130 carry. its not all dependant on CHS though

D

Deleted member 21258

If you search on google, quite a number of different charts around, from peoples fittings to the tour ones.

Have this combined one for PGA and LPGA, shows the different speeds for each club.

Hope2009-Tour-Averages.jpg that helps

Kennysarmy

Visit site

Rather than guessing and trial buying, why not have a ball fitting and or club fitting with a pro?

Take the guesswork out of it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I would say 95 is pretty average for a medium distance hitter. Bridgestone consider over 105 as fast when you use their ball selector.