Essential Services

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Unfortunately you will always get some who know better , its time to support ALL of our emergency services and doing as advised is the only way we are going to crack this.
Only an absolute moron will ignore the guidelines , however if the morons carry on they will become stricter and then the police will have to enforce the matter , so step back and think before you decide you are above the rest of us and these guides do not apply to you .
The police are doing their best in a novel situation thats been dumped on them so society needs to stop playing the victim and knuckle down .
People will always try to blame someone else for their stupidity its time to take some personal responsibility .

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Bob , I have no idea why they cannot just stay in .. I have no idea why people think they are key workers .. All I can conclude is they misinterpreted the message.

Why does it matter? Just make sure YOU (and the ones you love) do the best you can according to the rules then you won't get the vius.

My G/F's best mate is still going to work as her workplace is still fully open. It's a factory making commemorative coins. Not sure I would class that as essential :rolleyes:

Why does it matter? Just make sure YOU (and the ones you love) do the best you can according to the rules then you won't get the vius.

I've been sent a video (I can't post it here) of a group of 6-10 lads, all walking along Allison Street in Glasgow at 9am. All walking together, no social distancing, and when they were challenged they responded in the typical Glaswegian way of abuse.

There's a lot of self made police at their keyboards right now, blimey people just let people get on with what they are doing and let the REAL POLICE deal with them as they see fit (and that involves policing our roads too).

If you do YOUR PART PROPERLY is shouldn't matter what BillyBob Nomates up the road is doing. I couldn't care less if a group of 10 lads walk past my house, that's for the police to take care of, not me.
Totally understand the frustration though, it's hard to be perfect individuals such as us whilst all other people are clearly misbehaved knobs and they should clearly NEVER leave their houses!!:cool:

D

Deleted member 23270

There's a lot of self made police at their keyboards right now, blimey people just let people get on with what they are doing and let the REAL POLICE deal with them as they see fit (and that involves policing our roads too).

If you do YOUR PART PROPERLY is shouldn't matter what BillyBob Nomates up the road is doing. I couldn't care less if a group of 10 lads walk past my house, that's for the police to take care of, not me.
Totally understand the frustration though, it's hard to be perfect individuals such as us whilst all other people are clearly misbehaved knobs and they should clearly NEVER leave their houses!!:cool:
The longer there are idiots out there spreading the virus, the longer we will be in lock down. It's not rocket science.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

Why does it matter? Seriously?
  • Because unless EVERYBODY obeys the rules the virus won't stop spreading, or at best will take longer to get under control.
  • The more these idiots come across other people (shopkeepers, staff at supermarkets, petrol stations, etc.) the more chance of them spreading the virus.
  • Because I and countless others will be restricted in being able to go out because other people don't believe the rules apply to them.
  • Because despite our best efforts, the chances of cross infection increase. Parcels and letters we get delivered, putting in bins that have been emptied, getting groceries that these idiots might have been near. All these could get contaminated.
  • Because businesses will be shut longer, some will go out of business, people will lose jobs, livelihoods, money, etc.
They're all I can think of off the top of my head but other people I'm sure could add to that list.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
  • Because unless EVERYBODY obeys the rules the virus won't stop spreading, or at best will take longer to get under control.
  • The more these idiots come across other people (shopkeepers, staff at supermarkets, petrol stations, etc.) the more chance of them spreading the virus.
  • Because I and countless others will be restricted in being able to go out because other people don't believe the rules apply to them.
  • Because despite our best efforts, the chances of cross infection increase. Parcels and letters we get delivered, putting in bins that have been emptied, getting groceries that these idiots might have been near. All these could get contaminated.
  • Because businesses will be shut longer, some will go out of business, people will lose jobs, livelihoods, money, etc.
They're all I can think of off the top of my head but other people I'm sure could add to that list.
It’s only a wind up, or I hope so. April Fools Day was yesterday

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The longer there are idiots out there spreading the virus, the longer we will be in lock down. It's not rocket science.
Actually the longer there are idiots out there spreading the disease, the quicker they will get it.

I don't particularly want to get it so therefore I stay in.
(although I actually deal with the public so will struggle to avoid it) :confused:

What is important is that the NHS isn't overwhelmed so with millions of people staying in it, hopefully, won't be.

Out of interest, assuming WE ALL STAY IN when do you think we would be able to come out of lockdown?

D

Deleted member 21258

Actually the longer there are idiots out there spreading the disease, the quicker they will get it.

I don't particularly want to get it so therefore I stay in.
(although I actually deal with the public so will struggle to avoid it) :confused:

What is important is that the NHS isn't overwhelmed so with millions of people staying in it, hopefully, won't be.

Out of interest, assuming WE ALL STAY IN when do you think we would be able to come out of lockdown?

That's the interesting question, how do we work towards the end game(whatever that looks like). Its a long journey to any of the choices(please feel free to add to) :-

We stay home, until the virus dies as it cant spread anymore (if that would ever work, nope tbh)
As above with massive trace and testing
We stay at home until the NHS has massive resources and we can keep getting infected in batches (antibodies from being infected will probably only last 2-3 years tho, so we better get the NHS much bigger quickly and action it quickly)
We stay at home until drugs get better/online to help with the fight against the virus and more vents etc (which there are some medicine & equipment testing/coming on line from the looks of it)
We stay at home until a vaccine happens (that's if the virus does not mutate in the meantime, which first indications are that it isn't really)
Herd immunity

or of course the one that isn't workable :-

we let the virus rip now and what will be, will be.

Or a mixture of some of the above ?

Any of the choices above, mean we are playing a bleeding medium to long game here(many months if not years) and then the question is whether the cure is worse than the virus really comes into question(financially, mental health and so on I am referring to), as there will be many directly 'un-recordable' deaths from that.

I love to see the big picture/end game, but have been wrestling with it for a number of weeks as struggling to see a workable one, that solves it within say a year.:(

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
That's the interesting question, how do we work towards the end game(whatever that looks like). Its a long journey to any of the choices(please feel free to add to) :-

I had basically written out the options (as you have) but wanted to see what the people moaning about others would come up with (y)

If we ALL STAYED IN, like good little people, as some forumers suggest then the virus might die out in this Country (eventually) but what happens when ONE person pops off to France for their duty frees? we all get locked up again!! You are talking about having to cure THE ENTIRE WORLD before we can get our freedoms back again.

The ONLY WAYS out of this are to wait until there is a vaccine OR some way that we are able to treat the ill and stop them from dying. That way my Mother (81) can come out of isolation and know that if she gets it she WON'T DIE.

Moaning about some idiot who went shopping for a tin or paint isn't going to help anything or anyone.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

I would like to but you have done an excellent job there. I think however, it will be wasted on him.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
This pandemic is going to eradicate a significant percentage of the world's human population.
We all know that it's happened before.

Back then, we didn't have the science to learn anything from it.

Now it remains to be seen if we have the character and will to learn anything from it.

But even as we experience this together, we're still going to be annoyed by the same things that annoy us in more ordinary circumstances.
Not having drawn my own blueprint, I'm unaware of any mechanism to change my settings.
It's my assumption that we're all in that circumstance.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really?
If your work/job isn't essential, don't go to work
See post #77
Especially the Government statement:
The government is not saying only people doing “essential” work can go to work. Anyone who cannot work from home can still go to work.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
What is your idea of a 'significant percentage', out of interest?
I bet it's different from mine!

If one person who can make excellent lasagna and braciole dies or died from this thing, that's an unacceptable percentage of the world's population.
My diet doesn't allow me to have it often, but I defend my cheat days like a bear defends her cubs. Or perhaps more fiercely than that.