Essential Services

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it's nice to see that the sun is out and the traffic police are sitting on flyovers on the A90, flaunting the 2 metre rule, whilst the roads are probably the quietest ever, and trying to catch speeding motorists. These are part of the "Essential Services" that we are expected to respect and allow to jump the queue in supermarkets whilst we all wait outside. Sorry but you have lost any respect that I had.

JfZVFiH.jpg

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it's nice to see that the sun is out and the traffic police are sitting on flyovers on the A90, flaunting the 2 metre rule, whilst the roads are probably the quietest ever, and trying to catch speeding motorists. These are part of the "Essential Services" that we are expected to respect and allow to jump the queue in supermarkets whilst we all wait outside. Sorry but you have lost any respect that I had.

Maybe they are housemates.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Two points I would make.

First, as someone who has been a cop for nearly thirty years, I couldn’t begin to tell you from that image whether the individuals in it are even cops, never mind what they are actually doing. Do you know for a fact what they were up to, or are you making an assumption because it suits you to do so?

Second, and of far greater importance, regardless of what the two individuals in that image happened to be doing in the split second you passed and, rather pathetically, chose to take a photo, these are people who, at the moment, are placing themselves and their own loved ones in significant harms way simply to try and keep the likes of you breathing.

You ought to be bloody ashamed.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
To be fair, since things have slowed down , I have noticed an increase in speeding cars taking advantage of the empty roads.

They are on a bridge, wearing Hi vis , they will be visible a way off, so if you don’t spot them you deserve to get done.

I’d say they are a visible deterrent

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

JfZVFiH.jpg

Well any speed detection device that I used in my 30 years service wouldn't work with a view like that so I'd be interested to know exactly what they were using; perhaps you could enlighten us all?

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two points I would make.

First, as someone who has been a cop for nearly thirty years, I couldn’t begin to tell you from that image whether the individuals in it are even cops, never mind what they are actually doing. Do you know for a fact what they were up to, or are you making an assumption because it suits you to do so?

Second, and of far greater importance, regardless of what the two individuals in that image happened to be doing in the split second you passed and, rather pathetically, chose to take a photo, these are people who, at the moment, are placing themselves and their own loved ones in significant harms way simply to try and keep the likes of you breathing.

LOl u canny say in ure first paragraph that u cant tell who or what theyre doing, but in second uve contradicted ureself. Unreal

Ps . I agree with ure last sentence as the OP statement is very poor.

Billysboots

Visit site
LOl u canny say in ure first paragraph that u cant tell who or what theyre doing, but in second uve contradicted ureself. Unreal

Ps . I agree with ure last sentence as the OP statement is very poor.

Okay, second paragraph, IN THE EVENT THEY ARE COPS, blah blah. That clear enough for you, or do you want to split hairs some more?

Billysboots

Visit site
How exactly are they keeping us "breathing"?

Who do you think is trying to enforce this lockdown?

The NHS, absolutely correctly, have received nothing but praise for their selfless courage in trying to confront coronavirus.

The police, in contrast, have been on the receiving end of some appalling press. All for trying their hardest to enforce brand new legislation, enacted virtually overnight, with guidance issued on the hoof. And the purpose of that legislation is very simple - to keep people alive and the NHS functioning.

I expect to see puerile drivel in publications like the Daily Mail. But to see a post on a golf forum, of all places, where someone has been pathetic enough to stop and take a photo of people he THINKS are police, who MAY be targeting speeding motorists, simply so he can rationalise a lack of respect for the police service? You’ll forgive me if that just boils the content of my bladder a little.

User20204

Visit site
Two points I would make.

What a load of nonsense, you remind me of this line....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Connected to this, sad to see at the evening briefing car journey are up. I said last night there seems more cars on the road at 6.30 and not convinced they can all e key workers. I am sure we're see more police on the roads in the coming days. We have to get idiots to stay off the roads bar essential journeys and staying at home or we'll be worse than Italy and Spain. I can see a situation where you'll need something from work to confirm you're a key worker and there being a more significant clampdown on car travel

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TBH, they look like council or traffic management types.
Yes the roads are in general quieter, but it does seem a bit like Die Hard 3 and the ability to rob City Hall is being exploited by more than nornal:)

Billysboots

Visit site
What a load of nonsense, you remind me of this line....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No. I can handle the truth. I’ve lived it every day of my working life for the best part of thirty thankless years. What I struggle with is armchair experts who know all about the job a police officer does, when the reality is they know nothing and would run a mile if they thought for just one moment they might have to spend a single day doing the job themselves.

Seriously, some people do not have the first clue what is going on all around them at the moment, but are happy to take cheap shots at those trying to protect them. It’s pathetic.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who do you think is trying to enforce this lockdown?

The NHS, absolutely correctly, have received nothing but praise for their selfless courage in trying to confront coronavirus.

The police, in contrast, have been on the receiving end of some appalling press. All for trying their hardest to enforce brand new legislation, enacted virtually overnight, with guidance issued on the hoof. And the purpose of that legislation is very simple - to keep people alive and the NHS functioning.

I expect to see puerile drivel in publications like the Daily Mail. But to see a post on a golf forum, of all places, where someone has been pathetic enough to stop and take a photo of people he THINKS are police, who MAY be targeting speeding motorists, simply so he can rationalise a lack of respect for the police service? You’ll forgive me if that just boils the content of my bladder a little.

100% agree?

User20204

Visit site
No. I can handle the truth. I’ve lived it every day of my working life for the best part of thirty thankless years. What I struggle with is armchair experts who know all about the job a police officer does, when the reality is they know nothing and would run a mile if they thought for just one moment they might have to spend a single day doing the job themselves.

Seriously, some people do not have the first clue what is going on all around them at the moment, but are happy to take cheap shots at those trying to protect them. It’s pathetic.

Brilliant, nothing like the polis being full of their own self importance, bet you thought that round of applause last week was for you :ROFLMAO:

Billysboots

Visit site
Brilliant, nothing like the polis being full of their own self importance, bet you thought that round of applause last week was for you :ROFLMAO:

Far from it. I know full well who the applause was for.

Still irked by a speeding ticket, by any chance?