Englands green and pleasant land

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jeez someone’s just dumped an old bike there ;)
That looks stunning for a nice little ride.

Ha ha yes that bike is a right heap ?
We are very lucky where we live, a semi rural village on the very western edge of Gateshead, 10 minutes drive to the Metro Centre yet 2 minutes walk to the wilderness. The photo is taken from what I gather to be close to the highest point in Gateshead near a place called Greenside.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We travel to lots of places in our touring caravan and there are indeed some beautiful part of the UK (not just England). My missus has, in particular, fallen for the Northumbrian coast and is tempted to move there permanently. I used to love driving north from Glasgow up the East and West coast of Scotland as either way the scenery is just stunning. The Trossachs, Glencoe and Cairngorms just take your breath away. Many the time I have stopped the car, got out, turned off the engine and just took in the scenery and the peace and quiet.
There are lots of beautiful places in the UK that you can get to without much difficulty.
I've also been fortunate to travel to many parts of the globe, all of which have their own natural beauties. I wouldn't say ours was better or worse as each have their own particular features but sometimes it is good just to stop, stand back and take in the glories of nature.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
We travel to lots of places in our touring caravan and there are indeed some beautiful part of the UK (not just England). My missus has, in particular, fallen for the Northumbrian coast and is tempted to move there permanently. I used to love driving north from Glasgow up the East and West coast of Scotland as either way the scenery is just stunning. The Trossachs, Glencoe and Cairngorms just take your breath away. Many the time I have stopped the car, got out, turned off the engine and just took in the scenery and the peace and quiet.
There are lots of beautiful places in the UK that you can get to without much difficulty.
I've also been fortunate to travel to many parts of the globe, all of which have their own natural beauties. I wouldn't say ours was better or worse as each have their own particular features but sometimes it is good just to stop, stand back and take in the glories of nature.
Northumbrian coast as a holiday destination - sh sh sh! Don't want too many to know about that, thank you.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
At what age do you start caring about scenery and whatnot? I remember when I was kid going on holidays with my parents and they wanted to look at castles and fields and trees, and I could not give a flying one. I'm still like that now. Scenery and nature really doesn't mean anything to me. :unsure:

Got detoured off the M25 on Tuesday evening, drove through middle of Watford.

You'll be ok there then ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ha ha yes that bike is a right heap ?
We are very lucky where we live, a semi rural village on the very western edge of Gateshead, 10 minutes drive to the Metro Centre yet 2 minutes walk to the wilderness. The photo is taken from what I gather to be close to the highest point in Gateshead near a place called Greenside.
Your a lucky lad to live somewhere that nice.:)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
At what age do you start caring about scenery and whatnot? I remember when I was kid going on holidays with my parents and they wanted to look at castles and fields and trees, and I could not give a flying one. I'm still like that now. Scenery and nature really doesn't mean anything to me. :unsure:
Nor ever did imo!
I too (along with older brother & younger sister) was 'dragged around' the countryside in various caravans by our parents. It seemed to me that this was their release from the otherwise humdrum pressure of surviving - and raising a family!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I recommend a game of golf at Kingston golf club, the views are fantastic, it's the highest 18 holes in England I believe.

View from the car park at Kington is good, as are views from the course on Rushock Hill.
Highest course in England is Alston Moor (10 holes, 18 tees) in Cumbria.
I've played them both.
Also at Kington is the Hergest Ridge which has the most peaceful walking at about 1000 feet.
Offa's Dyke national trail is routed along it and then over Rushock Hill.
The start/end of the Mortimer trail is also at Kington.
But please don't tell anybody.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On one of our family history travels we stayed a couple of days at Oakham.
Lovely area. Cotswold's without the pesky tourists and bus trippers. Plus bonus of Melton Mowbray pies.

My wife's GGGrandfather was vicar at three of the local villages and we were looking at his old manse from the church when the residents of the manse came over and started a conversation.
We then had a delightful interchange of being shown around the substantial manse whilst bringing the newish residents up to date with it's history.
One of GGGF's sons started the Oakham Brewery which I believe morphed into Ruddles.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
View from the car park at Kington is good, as are views from the course on Rushock Hill.
Highest course in England is Alston Moor (10 holes, 18 tees) in Cumbria.
I've played them both.
Also at Kington is the Hergest Ridge which has the most peaceful walking at about 1000 feet.
Offa's Dyke national trail is routed along it and then over Rushock Hill.
The start/end of the Mortimer trail is also at Kington.
But please don't tell anybody.
Not so peaceful when those RAF fighters shoot over at head height ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sat overlooking the river severn ready to eat me chilli slopping. Final destination tomorrow ( unless missis T has a change of mind) is Shrewsbury. So any must sees appreciated. ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sat overlooking the river severn ready to eat me chilli slopping. Final destination tomorrow ( unless missis T has a change of mind) is Shrewsbury. So any must sees appreciated. ?
I've been to Shrewsbury once. The kids were little, it was in the summer. There was a street entertainer, magician, and he pulled me out of the crowd for a guillotine act. Scared the life out of me, still makes me shudder, but I had to be all smiley and laugh so my kids didn't freak. If eyes had lasers that guy would be in pieces ?.

Pretty town. Use the park and ride rather than drive into the middle. It's a wander around place but I don't quite remember anything in particular to see.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It’s not only England, I’m currently on my way back home from a trip across the north of Scotland , we were at Durness and the drive across from Scrabster was good especially when we passed through a small village called Bettyshill which was stunning, I played the 9 hole course at Durness which has views that are as good as I’ve seen anywhere.