Englands green and pleasant land

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
From British Camp 10 days ago
mEayOCEzIVjZtWSCnx66jCcTG_fcvI9sqmxBcSxQsNXMQk90rqTNi3HyaNY7rMdScKD1eDsGd9nj023mSwuYQvsa8ilZCagrAOx3jCP00o15bkK8ZbzVJm2rXPe9vIGdQx6H1uIlPh_9dJR1cnoKEZxQcHv555kqdZIku9Y2kM64XKR9rd9rzTUAh5MtFV-t6AFXbzp002CYKS4Zl6phRWqamo2dWYEteFqo2POFSCEKwkXtnuIjGtuRZE7pyh-RgbW39ggMkPmkVw1FucMvFmwYEL8awDQ-ocojSu3vLR3QGU0ZEXgUX0yBoOfLy95cR5-HtXpITwiF7utnkn4Npwg3Kh-E3RyKpICpvo6tW_04GW0Zfc7AkpIev-qhRxpp6AoXN0olhaemjl6GdIyShhlUc7ceX3-HYZxoOay82L5892CaiNc8FBPr5lXGizs1bAObSrF08GmZItmqY24r98vE-IQKTlQs_att1qwGAG9t6AdPEY2F5wmYV2Iw2mBKUgG3rUrXSQ3wv6ojOTWu_aZ3n4nF2bRRphzUTRzhbGY1XvrnZijy_GIqsnwRzeN65_kw3zZoW60-vvkHVOatZJEspEYlQ-jiNFrYqdJ6qsHDU6HoxSo2yplhm8_E3qy17OYwa0AqEPncsRtjVIwwf50Z7nj5Bi2PuGTqGaLrweFJt_uKXm5kPZ1LStyqE2DzjMdNB_mXSWsGZkllPrDT7CEu5g=w1185-h888-no

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
A couple of lads we know/ neighbours are getting married in July we have a couple of nights booked in Derbyshire. The B and B is 50 yd from the Tissington trail so that's getting some yards in over that weekend

The Tissington and Monsall Trails have both been on my list for years - cycling and walking. There are some cracking pubs if you deviate off the tourist routes.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I live just off the road from Great Malvern to Ledbury, just at the bottom of the Malvern hills. Nice views across the Severn plain to the Cotswolds.

The missus is from Malvern, her parents still live there at Bernard's Green, love the place. One of their friends was head green keeper at The Worcestershire golf club until recently I do believe.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The missus is from Malvern, her parents still live there at Bernard's Green, love the place. One of their friends was head green keeper at The Worcestershire golf club until recently I do believe.
I can see the course from my lounge window, I live on the edge of Peachfield common.

Last edited:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like many I’ve been lucky to travel the world due to work and every time I came back to the UK I was always surprised and comforted by how much diversity and beauty we have on our doorsteps. Many take it for granted, for a small group of islands we have a lot going on. The only thing we don’t have is space but it can be found, especially if you can mind the Scottish midge.

I’ve holidayed in the UK ever since travel became associated with work. We have everything we want here. It helps that I don’t do well in the heat so don’t go looking for sun.

Anyway. I only posted here to make the point that any use of the word staycation needs slapped back across the Atlantic where it came from with great rapidity.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We just recently had a weeks coast holiday in each of north Norfolk near Wells Next The Sea, and north Cornwall at St Ives. The coastal scenery could not be more different but equally glorious in their own particular way. It’s the huge variety of scenery across the UK that makes it special - not the highest, widest, bleakest or deepest perhaps - but that matters not when we have the variety so easily accessible and within reach.

Next week we are at MiL’s at edge of Peak District; in August we’re in the south Lakes; and in September it’s Glasgow, Skye and the Black Isle. Very fortunate. But how do I fit in Tiree as I told my relatives there I would ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Like many I’ve been lucky to travel the world due to work and every time I came back to the UK I was always surprised and comforted by how much diversity and beauty we have on our doorsteps. Many take it for granted, for a small group of islands we have a lot going on. The only thing we don’t have is space but it can be found, especially if you can mind the Scottish midge.

I’ve holidayed in the UK ever since travel became associated with work. We have everything we want here. It helps that I don’t do well in the heat so don’t go looking for sun.

Anyway. I only posted here to make the point that any use of the word staycation needs slapped back across the Atlantic where it came from with great rapidity.
If it’s allowed at all, a staycation is when we don‘t go away anywhere but stay at home.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s only green and pleasant because it rains so much.
But when it’s nice weather it’s the best in the world for me.
Not many places compare really.
We need to appreciate it a bit more.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At what age do you start caring about scenery and whatnot? I remember when I was kid going on holidays with my parents and they wanted to look at castles and fields and trees, and I could not give a flying one. I'm still like that now. Scenery and nature really doesn't mean anything to me. :unsure:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At what age do you start caring about scenery and whatnot? I remember when I was kid going on holidays with my parents and they wanted to look at castles and fields and trees, and I could not give a flying one. I'm still like that now. Scenery and nature really doesn't mean anything to me. :unsure:
It’s not an age thing .
You like it or you don’t.
Think golf stunning course in rolling countryside or bland flat as a pancake course in the middle of an industrial estate.
Where would you like to play.