Englands green and pleasant land

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So Mr and Missis tash have just spent the last three days in Herefordshire.
Quite simply it is stunning. Some of the views are just jaw dropping. I did a post a few years back about the cotswolds.
For me Herefordshire is up there with the cotswolds.
Some of the black and white villages are beautiful .
Herefordshire very much reminds me of Northumberland. A quiet sleeping beauty, and am sure the locals are happy with that.
We had a drive from Ledbury to great malvern and some of the views are as good as you will see in the UK.
If you are struggling for a staycation Herefordshire should be on your list.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out on my bike today I stood up and marvelled at the beauty of the countryside countless times. Also a good opportunity to take the weight off my botty and get my breath back!

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else - perhaps just a few months somewhere warm in Winter!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fortunate to back onto open fields where we are renting currently, have variety of wildlife in the garden including a family of rabbits who live at the bottom of the garden. Fingers crossed the next house has a view :)

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
So Mr and Missis tash have just the last three day in Herefordshire.
Quite simply it is stunning. Some of the views are just jaw dropping. I did a post a few years back about the cotswolds.
Herefordshire very much reminds me of Northumberland. A quiet sleeping beauty, and am sure the locals are happy with that.
We had a drive from Ledbury to great malvern and some of the views are as good as you will see in the UK.
As a Herefordian agree wholeheartedly :D:D

Tashyboy

Visit site
As a Herefordian agree wholeheartedly :D:D

Forgot to mention tash had discovered a sublime beer. Butty Bach. Lordy flippin lordy.
Edit to say, Missis T is seducing me with tea and shortcake biscuits from the hotel to call at Ludlow and stay another night in Ironbridge on the way home.
What can I say, am weak. Biscuits it is.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Should have dropped in for a cuppa while in Malvern

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Forgot to mention tash had discovered a sublime beer. Butty Bach. Lordy flippin lordy.
Edit to say, Missis T is seducing me with tea and shortcake biscuits from the hotel to call at Ludlow and stay another night in Ironbridge on the way home.
What can I say, am weak. Biscuits it is.
Butty is a Wye Valley Brewery beer. They own the pub down the road from me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Funnily enough today's Escape to the Country was in Herefordshire and both my wife and I picked up on how lovely it looked. It's a big hike from here but probably worth the effort.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Butty is a Wye Valley Brewery beer. They own the pub down the road from me.
Drove from Ludlow to great malvern and I thought why the hell did me sat nav take me off an A rd onto a B rd to go back on the same A rd.
Am glad it did, the views were quite simply stunning.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Herefordshire is known as the County time forgot. It's incredibly rural and beautiful. I recommend a game of golf at Kingston golf club, the views are fantastic, it's the highest 18 holes in England I believe.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Currently in the Peak District (and not far from the territory of my youth). Had forgotten how stunning it is. The Dales are equal to any landscape in the country.

We’re not far from the Peak District. My favourite place to walk anywhere. Dovedale one of the highlights for me. Love that part of the U.K.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Drove from Ludlow to great malvern and I thought why the hell did me sat nav take me off an A rd onto a B rd to go back on the same A rd.
Am glad it did, the views were quite simply stunning.
I live just off the road from Great Malvern to Ledbury, just at the bottom of the Malvern hills. Nice views across the Severn plain to the Cotswolds.

Tashyboy

Visit site
We’re not far from the Peak District. My favourite place to walk anywhere. Dovedale one of the highlights for me. Love that part of the U.K.
I walked dovedale one new years eve from the top end down to dovedale. It was so quiet and peaceful.
Daughter bought me and Missis T a hot air balloon ride. It was cancelled a dozen times. Eventually we set off from Tissington and went straight over dovedale.
Looking at it from above through the morning mist was memorable and beautiful.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I was last up there at the end of March, at the end of lockdown. Beautiful day, stunning scenery. I know there’s always a rush to go abroad, but we are so lucky with what we have in this country.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I was last up there at the end of March, at the end of lockdown. Beautiful day, stunning scenery. I know there’s always a rush to go abroad, but we are so lucky with what we have in this country.
A couple of lads we know/ neighbours are getting married in July we have a couple of nights booked in Derbyshire. The B and B is 50 yd from the Tissington trail so that's getting some yards in over that weekend

Tashyboy

Visit site
Herefordshire is known as the County time forgot. It's incredibly rural and beautiful. I recommend a game of golf at Kingston golf club, the views are fantastic, it's the highest 18 holes in England I believe.
Is it Kingston or Kington ?