England Golf App

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have exactly this problem since we have a three-tee start. I entered a score on MyEG recently where we had teed off the 13th. It asked me what hole we started on so I said 13th. When it went through to my marker and he put scores in, in told him they didn't match up with my scores - but it was comparing the wrongly, with my score for the 13th being entered as the 1st instead, or vice versa. Basically it was nonsense. I can't remember how we got round it though as we both managed to submit the scores in the end. It might have been what you said, where he must have tried to enter them from the 1st downwards and had to delete it and start again from the 13th.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have exactly this problem since we have a three-tee start. I entered a score on MyEG recently where we had teed off the 13th. It asked me what hole we started on so I said 13th. When it went through to my marker and he put scores in, in told him they didn't match up with my scores - but it was comparing the wrongly, with my score for the 13th being entered as the 1st instead, or vice versa. Basically it was nonsense. I can't remember how we got round it though as we both managed to submit the scores in the end. It might have been what you said, where he must have tried to enter them from the 1st downwards and had to delete it and start again from the 13th.

I decided that for me to go into the settings and change it (even though it was WRONG and incorrect information) was the best way to solve it rather than getting all the incorrect apps and changing them to correct

lesson learned and the scores all tallied up at the end

it is a bit stupid though, they should match by hole number .. as even though 10th was my 1st it still said 10 on the card...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I decided that for me to go into the settings and change it (even though it was WRONG and incorrect information) was the best way to solve it rather than getting all the incorrect apps and changing them to correct

lesson learned and the scores all tallied up at the end

it is a bit stupid though, they should match by hole number .. as even though 10th was my 1st it still said 10 on the card...
Yeah it's not the smartest. I guess everyone in the playing group has to agree which way round they're entering scores so everyone does it the same.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah it's not the smartest. I guess everyone in the playing group has to agree which way round they're entering scores so everyone does it the same.

My fault for assuming the guys I was playing with could work the app properly lol

BigPhil14

Visit site
I've not started off on random holes so not encountered that problem yet, but I typically just keep my score on my normal tracking app, and then at the end of the round put them into the golf England app as it saves using various apps during the round. Might work out easier if the app doesn't work well with it, just score normally and then copy the scores across to the app in one go at the end. As long as you tell the app before the round you want to submit a score, you don't have to do it as you go round.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've not started off on random holes so not encountered that problem yet, but I typically just keep my score on my normal tracking app, and then at the end of the round put them into the golf England app as it saves using various apps during the round. Might work out easier if the app doesn't work well with it, just score normally and then copy the scores across to the app in one go at the end. As long as you tell the app before the round you want to submit a score, you don't have to do it as you go round.

Have to admit unless its a comp none of us use any form of card anymore.. EG app only

Swango1980

Visit site
Have to admit unless its a comp none of us use any form of card anymore.. EG app only
Maybe it could be useful to send a message to England Golf support, could be useful feedback for them. Maybe they could put an option where a player can select the starting hole of a round?

I'd be more pissed off with the late 5 ball that teed off in front mind you :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe it could be useful to send a message to England Golf support, could be useful feedback for them. Maybe they could put an option where a player can select the starting hole of a round?

I'd be more pissed off with the late 5 ball that teed off in front mind you :)

I was fuming tbh

I get it was a nice thing to do but the course was rammed .. he was on time but one his group arrived well late

Why not go right your on time and their playing silly buggers with a 5 you go through or send them down the back 9

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Quick question, can you input a general play score in stableford format or does it have to be strokeplay?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah it's Stableford. I think any blobbed hole you just put in as a zero or something.

Everything is input as strokeplay, stableford is only the points derived from the gross scores input.

Thanks both. Just to check, you just enter gross score, if I end up blowing up on a hole, losing a couple of balls etc, I don’t have to complete the hole if I don’t want to?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks both. Just to check, you just enter gross score, if I end up blowing up on a hole, losing a couple of balls etc, I don’t have to complete the hole if I don’t want to?
No, I'm pretty sure you can still blob a hole even if you're entering your card on the app. Given that for handicap purposes a huge score is rounded down anyway, I can't see what difference it would make. i.e. No point holing out for a 9 when it doesn't count for anything.

HeftyHacker

Visit site

no, you can select "picked up" as an option and it'll go down as a net double bogey for handicap purposes.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No, I'm pretty sure you can still blob a hole even if you're entering your card on the app. Given that for handicap purposes a huge score is rounded down anyway, I can't see what difference it would make. i.e. No point holing out for a 9 when it doesn't count for anything.

no, you can select "picked up" as an option and it'll go down as a net double bogey for handicap purposes.

Great, thanks all ??