End of an era

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Today is the last day of my Hayling membership as I just can't justify the cost as I'm getting so little use from it. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who have come down over the years and for all the memories.

I'll never forget the celebration by PNWokingham when he drove the par 4 10th and holed the putt for eagle. Or Swinger driving into the pond over 300 yards from the tee on a cold December day into the wind! The jumping in the air and hollering from Richart and Smiffy when they thought they had holed their 2nd shot on the 18th to halve the match only to see the ball roll towards the back of the green a few seconds later. Robobum spending 'a full 5 minutes' looking for his Skoda logo'd ball that he was playing the 8th round with and lost in the gorse on the 12th. BiM, JohnnyD, myself and the group behind stood on the 18th tee bone dry and walking off the 18th green 5 minutes later like drowned rats, never seen rain like that in my life before! Also to Wookie for co-hosting the games so that we could invite more of you down. Most of the days finished with a curry in the local restaurant just down the road.

Many happy days, thanks guys for making them happen :thup:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
gutted i didnt make it down before your membership ran out, definitely on my list for next year if we ever make it down!! just have to find another way to play it :)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Always welcome at Broadstone instead Steve :thup: (which is actually a better course!)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Disappointed I didn't get down there to get round with you Gordon.
Luckily images a round with Rich earlier in the year with the Mariners.
Enjoyed losing my Links Cherry there....

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sorry I didn't get to join you for a knock G. Might take you up on Broadstone when I'm across for a week in the run up to H4H. Playing around Hardelot before getting the ferry over

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BiM, JohnnyD, myself and the group behind stood on the 18th tee bone dry and walking off the 18th green 5 minutes later like drowned rats, never seen rain like that in my life before!

Thank you and Simon for the invites Gordon. Believe me when I tell you it far more enjoyable standing in the nice warm dry clubhouse watching you play that hole!:D

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for the invite Gordon, what a great view from the Clubhouse. It was touch and go whether we braved the elements that day, Louise definitely thought it was a crazy decision. I lost my way later in the round but one reason I played was to prepare for a Fife trip a few weeks later and that panned out great. Hopefully will play Hayling again sometime. Cheers.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today is the last day of my Hayling membership as I just can't justify the cost as I'm getting so little use from it. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who have come down over the years and for all the memories.

BiM, JohnnyD, Piece, myself and the group behind stood on the 18th tee bone dry and walking off the 18th green 5 minutes later like drowned rats, never seen rain like that in my life before! Also to Wookie for co-hosting the games so that we could invite more of you down. Most of the days finished with a curry in the local restaurant just down the road.

Corrected for you! :eek: :thup: :p

Thank you the invites G! Look forward to playing Broadstone this year!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Really enjoyed our games at Hayling Gordon. Still can't believe my second shot didn't go in on the 18th. Might have celebrated a tad early with Louise.:eek:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always appreciated the invite Gordon👍

Do you mind popping back for one quick look for my ball please?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Really enjoyed our games at Hayling Gordon. Still can't believe my second shot didn't go in on the 18th. Might have celebrated a tad early with Louise.:eek:

Not sure what form the celebration took but it's never too soon to do it with Louise 😁😁

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Only played it once and found it very testing in the wind.

Certainly a course you need to play a few times as there’s a few blind drives, which some people don’t like but once you know what’s ahead I don’t see them as an issue.

I stayed over and had a few jars the day before then had a decent curry, as one does 😜🍺🍽

Shame you’ve left as I need to give it another go, nothing stopping us organising a mini meet there though.

D

Deleted Member 1156

There are good curry houses near Broadstone if you are passing Robin ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There are good curry houses near Broadstone if you are passing Robin ;)

All 3 of those great Dorset courses are on my bucket list still, be nice to put them to bed this year.

I’m looking to book somewhere for a week in early June that has a nearby dog friendly beach, I’ll do some research then hopefully sort out a date & round during that week.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
BiM, JohnnyD, myself and the group behind stood on the 18th tee bone dry and walking off the 18th green 5 minutes later like drowned rats, never seen rain like that in my life before! Also to Wookie for co-hosting the games so that we could invite more of you down. Most of the days finished with a curry in the local restaurant just down the road.

Thank you and Simon for the invites Gordon. Believe me when I tell you it far more enjoyable standing in the nice warm dry clubhouse watching you play that hole!:D

But not as as enjoyable as seeing the look on SaintHacker's face as the strains of the Pompey Chimes drifted across from Fratton Park on the wind; "Play up Pompey..... Pompey play up.... " :D :rofl: :ears:

Thanks for the invites Gordon (and wookie :thup:), enjoyed it immensely. Have to reacquaint myself with Broadstone some time; do you & the lovely Louise fancy a rematch with Slasher & myself?