End of an era

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All 3 of those great Dorset courses are on my bucket list still, be nice to put them to bed this year.

I’m looking to book somewhere for a week in early June that has a nearby dog friendly beach, I’ll do some research then hopefully sort out a date & round during that week.

I'm going to be a lucky guy this year as I will hopefully get to play all three. Two for free as they are away league matches, and the other one will be at a reduced rate (and 36 holes) as the county stroke plays are being held there.

Would still be happy to make up a fourball at some other time though if I'm available.

2018 is looking good already for golf.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yep, cheers for the invite Gordon, enjoyed it loads, and the curry. Hope to get down to Broadstone next year, as i stay at sandbanks often enough. Cheers.

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
But not as as enjoyable as seeing the look on SaintHacker's face as the strains of the Pompey Chimes drifted across from Fratton Park on the wind; "Play up Pompey..... Pompey play up.... " :D :rofl: :ears:

🤣 worth the green fee alone I think.

Always enjoyable days out but I had the same feeling this time last year that I just couldn’t justify it with the lack of golf being played.

Definitely up for a return at some point though.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But not as as enjoyable as seeing the look on SaintHacker's face as the strains of the Pompey Chimes drifted across from Fratton Park on the wind; "Play up Pompey..... Pompey play up.... " :D :rofl: :ears:

Thanks for the invites Gordon (and wookie :thup:), enjoyed it immensely. Have to reacquaint myself with Broadstone some time; do you & the lovely Louise fancy a rematch with Slasher & myself?

Talk about putting you off your stroke!:D

D

Deleted member 21258

Suppose I am to late for an invite :p:D

Always sad to leave a club for whatever reasons tho, and it is nice to got back a year or two later and play it again, to remind yourself what you enjoyed with the course(done it with a couple of courses I was a member of down in Essex, since moving up north and it is great to go back and play)