Emma Raducanu

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Cracking final that.

I don't have a shred of "pride" over
Her win, albeit she wouldn't sound out of place in downton abbey, but it's just great tennis seem to have some new superstars.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wow, it’s still hard to take in. Watched the last few rounds and that’s the first time she’s had to dig deep and she was up to it. Stepped up her game at the vital points like champions do.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
"...and this year's BBC Sports Personality Of The Year is..."

EDIT: Just had a look on oddschecker. Bit of a one-horse race now. More tears of joy in 3 months time.

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Fantastic match.
When Fernandez broke serve in the 2nd set I was worried that Emma might start to crumble, but she held it together well and gave the perfect response.
Shame that the injury situation put a question mark over Fernandez's attitude, the only cloud on an otherwise brilliant sporting event.
Oh, and didn't her Mum love the camera????
:oops::oops::oops:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm getting that, too. Very strange.
Wasn’t it. There didnt seem to be that much difference in the ‘click’ we were hearing than when a net chord was called. I guessed it was the toe of the servers shoe scraping the court as she landed moving forward.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Wasn’t it. There didnt seem to be that much difference in the ‘click’ we were hearing than when a net chord was called. I guessed it was the toe of the servers shoe scraping the court as she landed moving forward.
It threw me almost every time I heard it. Kept expecting to hear the umpires call.
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched it on my phone at a party I was at. I couldn't believe no one was interested enough to watch it! The girl was awesome. She handled the mounting pressure from the crowd who seemed to be in favor (see what I did there?) of the Canadian. To have the confidence to do running smashes as she came into the net on short returns was fantastic, despite me saying "LET IT BOUNCE!!!!!!!" And a proper winning smile to boot.

Brilliant!