Embarrased to be out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Played golf at a nice club yesterday in the rain. Did an air shot on the first tee. Felt like crying. But didn't as I know there are always people who will be better at golf and worse (although at that stage I was struggling to think how) than me.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In my match against Richart yesterday I was 4 down at the turn. Didn't look good. Won 10 and 12 to get it back to 2 and was really starting to play well. Halved 13 in par, and got to 14 feeling fairly confident. Hit a "so so" drive, put me into the light rough on the right hand side of the hole, in between clubs....hit the wrong one, pulled it a little and came up just off the green to the left. Grass was a little too fluffy to putt it, so I had to try a delicate little chip. I hate those. Always the danger of flubbing it...which I did. Moved the ball a few inches but was still just off the green. First putt went about 3 foot past and I missed the return. Lost the bloody hole by taking four shots to get down from just off the green. 3 down, 4 to play. I felt like crying. But I didn't.

Christ, after that little lot, I might start a blog!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good constructive point well made.:thup:

I would like to put myself forward as Homers mind coach, that should take care of my pension :thup:

I have some interesting motivational techniques I'd like to try on him

'You are a golfing tiger, make the forum hear your roar!'

[video=youtube;PB5FosTwM8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB5FosTwM8s[/video]

Fish

Banned
Visit site
06:00 Sat on the bank getting wet, thought i had a nibble. i didn't
07:00 Still on the bank, still wet, still no nibbles.wish i was playing golf...

:thup:

When I used to fish the Severn, I used to eat all the cheese and luncheon meat that was meant for bait when I got bored, which was quite often.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Please not the maggots though

I can remember swallowing one by accident once, and kind of panicked!

It was cold, the hands and fingers were slightly numb and I put the maggot in my lips whilst I got to grips with the hook and.....oops :eek:

V

vkurup

Like I said earlier.....
Another pair of shoes ought to do it
:mad:

Can you do ballroom dancing in a pair of AdiZeros... According to TM, Adi-0 is as thin as slippers (or should they say ballet shoes)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
This happened to our vice-captain when playing with me in a medal weekend before last. He is very prone to hitting a driver from fairway/light rough and is usually pretty successful with it.
Par 5 - drives into left hand rough
Hits driver about 60 yards still in rough
Hits driver again about 60 yards still in rough
Comes to his senses and takes out an iron.
Shanks next shot 5 yards and hits own buggy.
Using same iron hits good strike but realises on downswing that it’s not his ball and his ball lies about 4 feet away.
Ends up with a lucky 11.
He didn’t cry once.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This happened to our vice-captain when playing with me in a medal weekend before last. He is very prone to hitting a driver from fairway/light rough and is usually pretty successful with it.
Par 5 - drives into left hand rough
Hits driver about 60 yards still in rough
Hits driver again about 60 yards still in rough
Comes to his senses and takes out an iron.
Shanks next shot 5 yards and hits own buggy.
Using same iron hits good strike but realises on downswing that it’s not his ball and his ball lies about 4 feet away.
Ends up with a lucky 11.
He didn’t cry once.

I love this post!! Especially the last line, comedy genius :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bloody hell. I can't believe Homer has just posted this on Facebook!!

"Julie Bedborough is in full retail mode. This is going to cost. She is like a woman possessed and sniffing out a bargain at 300 yards. Just one question. How many pairs of shoes can a woman want?"

You do set yourself up for ridicule Martin
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.