Electric Trolley... To keep or not to keep!

boyatthebay

Hacker
Visit site
Just sold my Electric Motocaddy S1 due to being fed up with Battery charging etc. Just bought Clicgear 3.0 and so looking forward to start of season, will just carry for now due to weather. Personally I would sell and buy push trolley, they run so freely these days just effortless

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm on the verge of selling my motocaddy s1. It's perfect and working fantastic but just feel I'm sick of the charging etc.

I play quite a bit so think I'll replace it with a good quality push trolley. Also I'll carry a bit more.

I'm leaning towards the Stewart trolley as it will take all types of bag & I've read generally positive reviews online

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I sold my Motocaddy and got the Stewarts Z3 push trolley and winter I carry

So much easier and less hassle

As mentioned the Clicgear is nice too, no need for leccy trolleys if using a decent push trolley

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I sold my Motocaddy and got the Stewarts Z3 push trolley and winter I carry

So much easier and less hassle

As mentioned the Clicgear is nice too, no need for leccy trolleys if using a decent push trolley

Sounds exactly like my plan, carry in winter and stewart trolley for rest of year.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think you only "need" an electric if your course is hilly.
That said if you "want" one then go ahead
I had one but found the charging to be a pain, it also was tricky to get trolley, bag and clubs in the boot.
Now I have a PK Twinline 3 it fold small enough to allow everything in the boot, out of sight.
We have a fairly flat course so there's no real use for a 'leccy.
We have a Hedgehog rule in Winter - carrying's a pain for me (dodgy knee and ankle) so being able to use the trolley all year is a bonus.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mines been off the road for nearly 2 years.... I charged the battery fully before putting it away..... The bearings had collapsed in the right hand wheel that supports the clutch... so i got a second hand left hand clutch pushed the bearing out turned it round and push it back into my right hand stub axle....
It worked a treat... Its after buying me a bit of time to order 2 new ones on the Net....

So on Saturday its trolley time again and to be honest i think that my knees are going to really thank me for it as iv been carrying for the past 2 years.....

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone from carrying to an electric trolley this year and really enjoyed it. I have lower back issues that golf helps but found carrying made my shoulders ache. The battery needs replacing but will do that next year as I'll be carrying over the winter as there will prob be plenty of trolley bans on. Just need to get a decent trolley bag too!

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only ever carried on my first ever round and I was shattered, though the course is quite hilly and this is where i play now.

I went to pushing and found this played up my back too much, i'm not that old but have always suffered with a bad back since injuring it while working offshore in my 20's. I then went electric and wound this has pretty much removed my back issues. I have been thinking about getting a carry bag for the winter i'm much fitter than I was and feel carrying may be good for the winter.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is fun about carrying a bunch of clubs on your back?!

Why is it so difficult to lift a battery from the boot of your car and plug it in? 30 second job.

Mav281

Club Champion
Visit site
I've been an electric trolley user for 3 or 4 years now, and with the exception of those few weekends in the depths of winter where trolleys are totally banned I've never gone back to carrying. Yes it's a bit of hassle getting it all in and out of the car etc, but quite honestly I feel it's worth it - especially as my bag isn't the lightest in the world.

If you can get it up and running again for a reasonable price then I would go for it. No question about it in my mind.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone hazard a guess as to roughly what weight would Motocaddy S1 & battery be?

Just thinking if I sell and have to arrange delivery/courier what cost might be

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ended up selling my motocaddy and bought a Stewart Z3 during the week.

Used it for first time today and so impressed. Didn't feel in any way more tired towards end of round. Very easy to push & brake is simple to use.
I thought it was a lot of cash to pay for a push trolley but glad now I went with a good quality option.
Also folds up very small and is simple to fold & unfold. I'd find it hard to have any negatives after day one!

Linnets

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've always had a PK Twinline push trolley for the summer and a carry bag for the winter when either there is a trolley ban or large sections of the course are roped off for trolleys. I always said I would never have an electric trolley but having purchased a GoKart trolley recently I really don't know why I didn't do it before, I'm certain it will save me shots every round because it's just so much easier than pushing or pulling. I would get a new battery for yours and keep it because you never know.